A Smart Weapon also referred to as a Precision Guided Weapon (PGM) is a guided munition intended to precisely hit a specific target, to minimize collateral damage and increase lethality against intended targets. One of the greatest advantages of the precision weapon is the confidence that it can offer a decision-maker confronted with having to contemplate using force in circumstances where so-called ‘collateral damage’ would be either unacceptable or call into question the viability of continued military action. The global smart weapon market is dominated by companies based in the United States and EU
The report “Global Smart Weapons - Market and Technology Forecast to 2027” examines, analyzes, and predicts the evolution of military smart weapon technologies, markets, and outlays (expenditures) over the next 8 years – 2019-2027 in the defense Industry. It also examines smart weapons markets geographically, focusing on the top 95% of global markets, in the United States, Europe, and Asia.
Throughout the report we show how smart weapons is used today to add real value. To provide the most thorough and realistic forecast, this report provides a twin-scenario analysis, including “steady state”, emergence of new smart weapons technology.
Download Free Sample Pages of this report
This report concentrates on Smart Weapon Types, Guidance System & Technologies
- Guided Missiles
- Guided Bombs: Air to Ground
- Guided Rockets
- Guided Mortars
- Guided Torpedoes
- Directed Energy Weapon
- Electromagnetic Pulse Weapon
- Infrared Homing
- Laser Homing
- Satellite Based Navigation
- Acoustic Homing
- Guidance & Control
- Munition Design
- Satellite Navigation Sensors
- Automatic Target Recognition
- Mission Management
- Data Link
- Observables /Survivability
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following:
- Overview: Snapshot of the various smart weapon tech in the defense market during 2019-2027, including highlights of the demand drivers, trends and challenges. It also provides a snapshot of the spending with respect to regions as well as segments. It also sheds light on the emergence on new technologies
- Market Dynamics: Insights into the technological developments in this market and a detailed analysis of the changing preferences of governments around the world. It also analyzes changing industry structure trends and the challenges faced by the industry participants.
- Segment Analysis: Insights into the various Systems market from a segmental perspective and a detailed analysis of factors influencing the market for each segment.
- Regional Review: Insights into modernization patterns and budgetary allocation for top countries within a region.
- Regional Analysis: Insights into the Systems market from a regional perspective and a detailed analysis of factors influencing the market for each region.
- Trend Analysis : Key Defense Markets: Analysis of the key markets in each region, providing an analysis of the various Systems segments expected to be in demand in each region.
- Key Program Analysis: Details of the top programs in each segment expected to be executed during the forecast period.
- Competitive landscape Analysis: Analysis of competitive landscape of this industry. It provides an overview of key companies, together with insights such as key alliances, strategic initiatives and a brief financial analysis.
- The Smart Weapon Industry is projected to register a CAGR of 7.2% over 2019-2027
- In terms of technologies stand off cruise missiles is anticipated to account for one of the largest share of expenditure globally
- The Middle East market is growing rapidly and European vendors can make rapid inroads into this market
- The fastest growing market from 2024 onwards will be Asia as the Chinese and Indian Government continues to make billions of dollars of investment in this industry
Reasons to buy
- Determine prospective investment areas based on a detailed trend analysis of the global smart weapon industry over the next eight years
- Gain in-depth understanding about the underlying factors driving demand for different systems segments in the top spending countries across the world and identify the opportunities offered by each of them
- Strengthen your understanding of the market in terms of demand drivers, industry trends, and the latest technological developments, among others
- Identify the major channels that are driving the global smart weapon business, providing a clear picture about future opportunities that can be tapped, resulting in revenue expansion
- Channelize resources by focusing on the ongoing programs that are being undertaken by the ministries of different countries within the smart weapon market
- Make correct business decisions based on thorough analysis of the total competitive landscape of the sector with detailed profiles of the top systems providers around the world which include information about their products, alliances, recent contract wins and financial analysis wherever available