Global stereo microscopes market is projected to register a healthy CAGR of 6.9% in the forecast period 2019 to 2026. The new market report contains data for historic years 2017, the base year of calculation is 2018 and the forecast period is 2019 to 2026.
By Type (Monocular, Binocular, Trinocular), Design Type (Greenough type, Common main objective / parallel optics type), Zooming Type (Motorized zoom, Manual zoom), Application (Industrial, Life science), End User (Clinical laboratories, Research institutes, Industrial inspection, Academics), Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America and Middle East and Africa)
Major growing sectors under the market segmentation are as follows:
- In type, binocular type of stereo microscope is dominating the market due to easy availability in the market with enhanced illumination that gives better image of the object. The trinocular microscope is growing in the market as this product can be preferred in either way either binocular or trinocular because it contains camera. After removing camera the product becomes binocular stereo microscopes because of which one can get the benefits of trinocular microscope in the both ways. Trinocular microscope helps in giving HD images as well as video recordings that can be used as per the requirement.
- In design type, during the 1890s’ the greenough design was designed by the American instrument maker Horatio S. Greenough, which was later incorporated by Zeiss engineers by inverting prisms to produce an erect image. The greenough type is dominating as it has more features while performing work such as high numerical aperture which makes the image view more clear without any fatigue in observer and is inexpensive as compared to common main objective / parallel optics type. Both the products are used in the same application such as life science and industrial sectors. The CMO segment is growing as it has better resolution and is one of the modern instruments with higher magnification range and is flexible in life science as well as industrial infection sector.
- In zooming type, in recent time the system in market are advanced and motorized where the knob is provided in the system that can be used to view the object in 3D image that can be utilized in in broad sector of the field such as research, education industrial and may others. Motorized stereo microscopes are dominating the market as it is used in life science sector and in this sector there is requirement for contamination free work hence to avoid the contamination in work motorized microscopes are preferred more.
- In application, the stereo microscopes are widely used in various industrial as well as life science applications. The life science applications are dominating as well as growing in the market as it includes numerous applications within it from research to academics to documentation images to clinical investigations. A stereo microscope offers a 3D image to study detail about the specimen.
- In end user, stereo microscopes provide 3D images which can be utilized in almost all sectors such as life science that includes research, clinical labs and industry inspection which includes gemology and others. Industrial inspection is dominating as these instruments are also used in metrological, mining, gemology and other where there is requirement of instruments like stereo microscopes which uses low magnification range and delivers the deep information of the component or the particle on which experiment or work is going on. However, the research shows that the market is growing because the numbers of experiments are increasing for research purposes as it gives the detailed information at lower magnification range.
The key market players for global stereo microscopes market are listed below:
- Cole-Parmer Instrument Company, LLC.
- Vision Engineering Ltd.
- KEYENCE CORPORATION
- ZEISS International
- Meiji Techno
- NIKON CORPORATION
- KERN & SOHN GmbH
- Celestron, LLC.
- Boeckel + Co (Gmbh + Co)
- A.KR?SS Optronic GmbH
- Walter Products
- Olympus Corporation
- Aven Tools
- Leica Microsystems
- GUILIN MICROTECH OPTICAL INSTRUMENT CO., LTD.
- SCIENSCOPE International
- SEIWA OPTICAL Co.,Ltd.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.