This study is focused on the market side of genome editing and provides a comprehensive review of genome editing technologies, along with updates on the latest related progress in the field. Different market segments for this specific market are covered. For example, application-based market segments include academic research, drug development, clinical therapy, non-transgenic breeding and other applications; and regional market segments include the U.S., Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Rest of World.
Specifically centered on the market itself and its environment, this report covers almost all aspects of the global genome editing industry, including its technologies, applications and markets, which are further segmented and analyzed by region, product type, application and technology. The report forecasts the sizes and trends of the global market as well as each of its segments. It details recent technical breakthroughs as well as major technical issues to overcome before genome editing is applied to clinical applications. The growth driving factors and the factors that may limit the market’s growth are identified. The ethical issues, regulatory issues and intellectual property rights issues are discussed. The trends of patent publications, research publications and research funding in the genome editing area are analyzed. A competitive landscape, including various growth strategies and opportunities, are discussed. Comprehensive company profiles of the major players in the current genome editing field are also included in this report. In addition, the contract services market and clinical applications market are also discussed.
- 44 tables
- A comprehensive overview of the global markets and technologies for genome editing within the industry
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2017, 2018, and projections compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2023
- Segmentation of the global market by geographical regions, product types, technology types and end-user application areas
- Emphasis on the market size and segmentation of gene editing products, including gene editing tools, cell lines, animal models and potential clinical products
- Current status on the intellectual property right of the CRISPR-Cas9 genome editing technology
- Discussion of the ethical and regulatory issues, as well as patent analysis, publication analysis and research funding in this area
- Profiles of key players in the industry, including Horizon Discovery, Thermo Fisher Scientific, CRISPR Therapeutics, Caribou Biosciences Inc., Editas Medicine and Vertex