“The catalyst fertilizers market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 2.36% from 2018 to 2023.”
The catalyst fertilizers market is projected to reach USD 2.5 billion by 2023, from USD 2.3 billion in 2018, at a CAGR of 2.36%. The catalyst fertilizers market is driven by various factors such as increasing demand for ammonia and phosphate fertilizers across the globe and increasing need for reforming catalysts in ammonia production facilities. However, the long replacement period associated with catalysts may hinder the growth of the market on a global level.
Download Free Sample Pages of this report
“In terms of fertilizer production process, the Haber-Bosch process is projected to witness the fastest growth from 2018 to 2023.”
With the improving economic conditions of Asian countries, the adoption rate of innovative ammonia production processes with efficient emission control system remains high. Though the fertilizer production process is majorly concentrated in countries such as China, India, and Indonesia, the rising demand for urea and ammonia fertilizers in other developing economies has boosted the need for production units in Asian and African countries. This is projected to enhance the growth opportunity for the Haber-Bosch ammonia synthesis process during the forecast period.
“In terms of metal group, the base metals segment is estimated to have the largest market share during the forecast period.”
According to the FAOSTAT, nitrogen is the most produced nutrient across the globe, occupying over 52% of the total fertilizers produced in 2016, and iron is the most widely used catalyst for ammonia production. Also, sulfuric acid production is highly dependent on vanadium for its catalytic activity. Iron catalysts are available at a low cost of approximately USD 900–1,000 per ton, according to industry experts, which is almost 10–20 times cheaper than precious metals such as platinum and palladium. Hence, base metals are majorly preferred among fertilizer manufacturers for their production processes.
“Asia Pacific is estimated to dominate the catalyst fertilizers market in 2018.”
The demand for fertilizer catalysts is primarily driven by the increasing production of fertilizers, particularly in countries such as China, India, the US, and Russia. These countries are the largest producers of ammonia. The Asia Pacific region dominated the global fertilizer catalysts market in 2017 due to the presence of major producers of ammonia-based fertilizers in China, India, and Indonesia. Additionally, China is one of the largest exporters of phosphate fertilizers, which implies that higher the production of phosphate fertilizers, higher would be the need for the adoption of catalysts during the production process.
In-depth interviews were conducted with Chief Executive Officers (CEOs), marketing directors, other innovation and technology directors, and executives from various key organizations operating in the catalyst fertilizers marketplace.
The breakdown of the primaries on the basis of company type, designation, and region conducted during the research study is as follows:
- By Company type: Tier 1 – 45%, Tier 2 –30%, and Tier 3 – 25%
- By Designation: C-Level – 50%, D-Level – 20%, and Others* – 30%
- By Region: Asia Pacific – 40%, Europe –30%, North America –20%, and RoW -10%
*Others include sales managers, marketing managers, and product managers.
Note: Tier 1: Revenue > USD 1 billion; Tier 2: USD 100 million ? Revenue ? USD 1 billion; Tier 3: Revenue < USD 100 million
Multiple companies are major suppliers of catalysts in more than one industry, and hence, the end-use applications for their products are not mentioned. Hence, the scope of this report includes a detailed study of only those catalyst manufacturers whose portfolio mentions the end use as fertilizers. Major players such as Clariant International (Switzerland), DowDuPont (US), Project & Development India Ltd. (India), Johnson Matthey (UK), and Haldor Topsoe (Denmark) have been included in this report.
- The report analyzes the catalyst fertilizers market across different fertilizer applications and regions. It aims at estimating the market size and growth potential of this market across different segments, such as fertilizer production process, metal group, fertilizer application, and region.
- Furthermore, the report includes an in-depth competitive analysis of key players in the market, along with their company profiles, recent developments, and key market strategies.
Key Benefits of Buying the Report:
- The report will help market leaders/new entrants in this market by providing them the closest approximations of revenue numbers for the overall catalyst fertilizers market and its subsegments.
- This report will help stakeholders to better understand the competitor landscape, gain more insights to position their businesses better, and devise suitable go-to-market strategies.
- This report will also help stakeholders to understand the market and provide them with information on the key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.