The live cell imaging market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 8.9% during the forecast period.
The live cell imaging market is expected to reach USD 2.9 billion by 2023 from an estimated USD 1.9 billion in 2018, at a CAGR of 8.9% during the forecast period. Market growth is largely driven by the growing adoption of high-content screening techniques in drug discovery, rising incidence of cancer, and the growth in funding for research. However, factors such as the high cost of high-content screening systems and the shortage of skilled professionals are expected to restrain the growth of this market during the forecast period.
Download Free Sample Pages of this report
By product & service, the consumables segment is expected to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period.
On the basis of product and service, the global live cell imaging market is segmented into instruments, consumables, software, and services. The consumables segment is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. Unlike instruments, which are considered as a one-time investment, consumables are required to be purchased frequently. This is the major factor driving the growth of the live cell imaging consumables market. The increasing applications of live cell imaging assays and advancements in live cell imaging technologies are some of the other major factors that are driving the demand for live cell imaging consumables.
The pharmaceutical & biotechnology companies segment dominated the market in 2018.
On the basis of end user, the live cell imaging market is segmented into pharmaceutical & biotechnology companies, academic & research institutes, and contract research organizations (CROs). In 2018, the pharmaceutical & biotechnology companies segment accounted for the largest share of the live cell imaging market. The large share of this segment can be attributed to the increasing R&D activities and the patent cliff of various blockbuster drugs.
The Asia Pacific live cell imaging market is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific, comprising China, India, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific countries offers high-growth opportunities for players in the live cell imaging market. This segment is slated to register the highest CAGR during the forecast period. Some of the factors driving market growth in the Asia Pacific region are government initiatives for research on stem cell therapy, increasing aging population, rising prominence for regenerative medicine research, increasing number of researchers in Japan, growth of preclinical/clinical research in China, favorable changes in foreign direct investment (FDI) regulations in the pharmaceutical industry in India, and growth of the pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical sectors in South Korea.
Break of primary participants was as mentioned below:
- By Company Type – Tier 1–55%, Tier 2–25% and Tier 3–20%
- By Designation – C-level–43%, Director Level–32%, Others–25%
- By Region - North America–38%, Europe–29%, Asia Pacific–23%, RoW–10%
The key players in the live cell imaging market are Danaher Corporation (US), Carl Zeiss AG (Germany), Nikon Corporation (Japan), Olympus Corporation (Japan), PerkinElmer, Inc. (US), GE Healthcare (US), Bruker Corporation (US), Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (US), Sartorius AG (Germany), BioTek Instruments (US), Etaluma, Inc. (US), CytoSMART Technologies (Netherlands), and NanoEnTek Inc. (Korea).
- The report analyzes the live cell imaging market and aims at estimating the market size and future growth potential of this market based on various segments such as product & service, application, end user, and region.
- The report also includes competitive analysis of the key players in this market along with their company profiles, product & service offerings, recent developments, and key market strategies.
Reasons To Buy the Report
The report can help established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market, which in turn would help them garner a greater share. Firms purchasing the report could use one, or a combination of the below mentioned five strategies.
This report provides insights into the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on the products and services offered by the top players in the live cell imaging market. The report analyzes the market based on product & service, application, end user, and region
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on new product launches in the live cell imaging market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets. The report analyzes the markets for various live cell imaging products and services across regions
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about products and services, untapped regions, recent developments, and investments in the live cell imaging market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, strategies, distribution networks, and manufacturing capabilities of the leading players in the market