“The bottled water processing market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 8.3%.”
The bottled water processing market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 8.3% from 2018, to reach USD 315.96 billion by 2022. The market is driven by an increase in the consumption of bottled water, technological innovations in bottled water processing equipment, and increasing awareness about water and wastewater treatment processes. Additionally, stringent regulatory norms and standards for water quality are expected to increase the demand for ultrafiltration and reverse osmosis filtration technologies during the forecast period.
Download Free Sample Pages of this report
“The still water segment is estimated to account for the largest share in the bottled water market in 2018.”
On the basis of product type, the bottled water market is segmented into still water and sparkling water. The still water segment is further sub-segmented into still flavored and still unflavored water, while the sparkling water segment is further sub-segmented into sparkling flavored and sparkling unflavored water. The still water segment is estimated to account for the largest share in 2018. Increasing consumption through bulk formats such as coolers, dispensers, and pumps have helped drive the total bottled water processing market forward. On the other hand, smaller pack formats of still bottled water have observed strong availability and demand for household purposes.
“The plastic segment in the bottled water market is projected to record the fastest growth through 2023.”
On the basis of packaging material, the bottled water market is segmented into plastic, glass, and others (retort pouches, and can packaging). Based on packaging material, the plastic segment is projected to record the highest growth in the bottled water market between 2018 and 2023. Due to their low cost, versatility, and easy availability, plastics are used in a variety of applications. Properties such as durability, safety, hygiene, and lightness of weight have made plastic packaging popular. The upcoming trend of using plastic as a packaging material for bottled water includes the use of flexible packaging solutions such as pouches, which reduces the required amount of plastic resins used per package. The major bottled water manufacturers are using PET (polyethylene terephthalate) plastic packaging solutions for potable drinking water. These factors are projected to drive the bottled water market during the forecast period significantly.
“The bottled water processing market is projected to witness high growth in Asia Pacific during the forecast period.”
The bottled water processing market in the Asia Pacific is projected to witness the highest growth during the forecast period. The Asia Pacific bottled water equipment market is witnessing a trend of offering integrated and multi-functional solutions, due to which the demand for processing, filling, capping and packaging machines is increasing. The government initiatives pertaining to drinking water along with the increasing need for high-quality water are factors projected to propel the demand for bottled water equipment. These developments are projected to drive the growth of this market significantly in Asia Pacific during the forecast period.
Break-up of Primaries:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 – 40 %, Tier 2 – 35%, and Tier 3 – 25%
- By Designation: C-Level – 42%, D-Level – 36%, and Others* – 22%
- By Region: North America – 20%, Europe –40%, Asia Pacific – 30% and RoW** – 10%
*Others include sales managers, marketing managers, and product managers.
**RoW includes Saudia Arabia, UAE, and Other countries such as Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, South Africa, Nigeria, and Kenya.
Leading players profiled in this report:
- DowDupont (US)
- GEA (Germany)
- Alfa Laval (Sweden)
- The 3M Company (US)
- Lenntech B.V. (South Holland)
- Suez (US)
- Pall Corporation (US)
- Nestl (Switzerland)
- PepsiCo (US)
- Coca-Cola (US)
- Danone (France)
- Tata Global Beverages (India)
- The report segments the bottled water processing market on the basis of product type, packaging material, equipment, technology, and region. To offer valuable insights, this report has focused on various levels of analysis competitive landscape, end-use analysis, and company profiles which together comprise and discuss views on the emerging & high-growth segments of the bottled water processing market, the high-growth regions, countries, government initiatives, drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges. The report also focuses on the various organic and inorganic strategies that are taken up by the key players for expanding their global footprints in the international markets.
Reasons To buy this report:
- To get a comprehensive overview of the bottled water processing market (bottled water equipment and bottled water market)
- To gain wide information about the top players in this industry, their product portfolios, and the key strategies adopted by them
- To gain insights about the major countries/regions in which the bottled water processing market is flourishing