The healthcare industry is a multi-billion-dollar market consisting of various verticals aimed at improving patient lives. The industry has experienced considerable advancement in terms of diagnosis and treatment, yet cancer remains as one of the leading causes of death. Cancer acts as one of the major issues of the global healthcare industry, as it is the second leading cause of death all around the world (according to WHO). The effects of cancer have had a major impact on society across the world and currently accounts for almost 70% of death in low- and middle-income countries. As per GLOBOCAN data, there were almost 14 million cancer cases globally in 2012, which claimed almost 8 million patient lives. As a result, significant scientific innovation is taking place in the field of oncology for the development of novel oncology medicines that are significantly propelling the growth of cancer treatment market. Cancer immunotherapy or, immuno-oncology, is the treatment that utilises the body’s own immune system to combat cancer. These immunotherapy treatments either boost the body’s immune system or may act on immune system to identify and destroy the cancerous cells. Immunotherapy is a type of personalized medicine that works better for certain types of cancer. Globally, patients are displaying a positive response towards advanced cancer therapy drugs which effectively help manage and treat their medical conditions. This, in turn, is gradually increasing the adoption rate of the cancer immunotherapy drugs.
Download Free Sample Pages of this report
The cancer immunotherapy market consists of products such as monoclonal antibodies, check point inhibitors, cancer vaccines and other medicinal treatments such as adoptive cell therapies and oncolytic viral therapies used in the treatment of cancer. The market analysis report includes an in-depth examination of the key ecosystem players, key strategies, and developments taking place in this market. Additionally, it includes market dynamics (market drivers, opportunities, and challenges) and industry analysis. The market has been classified based on different therapeutic indications, such as breast cancer, melanoma, colorectal cancer, non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC), renal cell carcinoma, gastric cancer, and others. Geographically, the market can be segmented into five distinct regions including North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Rest-of-the-World.
The purpose of the study is to gain a holistic view of the global cancer immunotherapy market in terms of various factors influencing the same, such as key market trends, competitive and regulatory aspects of the market, scientific innovations in the oncology field, etc. The scope of the report is centred upon conducting a detailed study of the solutions allied with cancer immunotherapy market, which involves drugs used in different therapeutic applications of cancer treatment. The global cancer immunotherapy market is segmented into three different parts: ’by products’, ’by therapeutic indication’, and ’by region’. The report offers the reader with an opportunity to unlock comprehensive insights with respect to the market and helps in forming well-informed strategic decisions. The research uncovers some of the substantial parameters that must be taken into consideration before entering the market.
This research report aims at answering questions related to various aspects of the global market with the help of the key factors driving the market, threats that can possibly inhibit the overall market growth, and the current growth opportunities that are going to shape the future trajectory of the market expansion. The market by region has been further sub-segmented in various countries, and in each sub-segment the key market trends, list of the key players, and recent developments, have been discussed.
The answers to the following key questions can be derived from this report:
- What is cancer immunotherapy? What are the products included in immunotherapy?
- What are the major market drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global cancer immunotherapy market?
- What were the market shares of the leading segments, and sub-segments of the global cancer immunotherapy market in 2017 and what will be its share in 2028?
- How will each segment of the global cancer immunotherapy market grow during the forecast period, and what will be the revenue generated by each of the segments by the end of 2028?
- What are the influencing factors that may affect the market share of the key players?
- What are the key developmental strategies implemented by the key players to stand out in this market?
- What are the major regulatory authorities/ associations/ consortiums affecting the cancer immunotherapy market and what are the main designations facilitating development and approval of cancer drugs?
- Which product segment is expected to register the highest CAGR for the global cancer immunotherapy market?
- How has the market been segmented based on therapeutic indication? Which therapeutic indication segment had the largest share, and the fastest growth rate in the global cancer immunotherapy market?
- Which geographical region will contribute to the highest sales of the cancer immunotherapy drugs during the forecast period and which will have the highest CAGR?
- What are major companies developing cancer immunotherapy drugs targeted for different therapeutic indication?
The key players that have been contributing significantly in the cancer immunotherapy market include Aduro Biotech, Inc., Amgen Inc., AstraZeneca PLC, Boehringer Ingelheim, Bristol Myers Squibb Company, Celgene Corporation, Eli Lilly and Company, F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, Johnson & Johnson, Merck & Co., Inc., Novartis AG, Pfizer Inc., and Gilead Sciences, Inc., among others.