“Global X-ray detectors market projected to grow at a CAGR of 6.1%.”
The X-ray detectors market is projected to reach USD 3.8 billion by 2024 from USD 2.8 billion in 2019, at a CAGR of 6.1%. Factors such as growing public and private investments in digital imaging technologies, declining prices and benefits offered by digital detectors, and reimbursement cuts for analog X-rays are driving the growth of the X-ray detectors market. The introduction of wireless X-ray detectors, growing medical tourism in developing countries, and the emerging markets are expected to provide a wide range of growth opportunities for players in the market. However, the high cost of digital X-ray systems is a major factor limiting market growth.
“Flat-panel detectors (FPDs) to account for the largest share of the market in 2019.”
By type, the X-ray detectors market is segmented into flat-panel detectors (FPDs), computed radiography (CR) detectors, charge-coupled device (CCD) detectors, and line-scan detectors. The FPDs segment is expected to account for the largest share of the market in 2019 and is also projected to register the highest CAGR during the forecast period. Advantages of FPD-based portable digital systems (such as high-quality images, faster scanning, increased patient throughput, and multiple storage options) and their decreasing prices are the key factors driving the growth of this segment.
“Portable detectors segment to account for the largest market share in 2019.”
Based on portability, the FPDs market is segmented into fixed and portable detectors. The portable detectors segment is expected to dominate this market in 2019. Technological advancements and the rising volume of orthopedic and cardiovascular procedures are driving the growth of the portable detectors market.
“Medical applications segment are expected to witness the highest growth during the forecast period.”
Based on applications, the X-ray detectors market is segmented into medical applications, dental applications, security applications, veterinary applications, and industrial applications. The medical applications segment is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The growth in this segment can primarily be attributed to the advancements in medical technology, rising geriatric population, and the increasing number of orthopedic and cardiovascular procedures.
“Asia to witness high growth in the X-ray detectors market during the forecast period.”
In 2019, North America is expected to account for the largest share of the market, followed by Europe. The market in Asia is expected to register the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The high growth in this regional segment is attributed to the increasing adoption of digital imaging systems, rising disposable income, growing number of awareness programs and symposia, and growing venture capital investments.
The primary interviews conducted for this report can be categorized as follows:
- By Company Type: Tier 1: 35%; Tier 2: 44%; and Tier 3: 21%
- By Designation: C-level: 23%; D-level: 31%; and others: 46%
- By Region: North America:60%; Europe: 12%; Asia: 24%; and the RoW: 4%
List of companies profiled in the report
- Varex Imaging Corporation (US)
- Thales Group (France)
- Canon, Inc. (Japan)
- Konica Minolta, Inc. (Japan)
- Teledyne DALSA Inc. (US)
- Fujifilm Holdings Corporation (Japan)
- Agfa-Gevaert Group (Belgium)
- Carestream Health (US)
- Vieworks Co., Ltd. (South Korea)
- Hamamatsu Photonics K.K. (Japan)
- Analogic Corporation (US)
- Rayence (South Korea)
- DRTECH (South Korea)
- This report aims at estimating the size and future growth potential of the market across different segments, such as type, panel size, portability, system type, application, and region.
- Furthermore, the report also includes an in-depth competitive analysis of the key market players, along with their company profiles, recent developments, and key market strategies.
Key Benefits of Buying the Report
- The report will help market leaders/new entrants by providing them the closest approximations of the revenue numbers for the overall X-ray detectors market and its subsegments.
- Also, this report will help stakeholders to better understand the competitive landscape and gain more insights to better position their business and make suitable go-to-market strategies.
- It will also enable stakeholders to understand the pulse of the market and provide them with information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.