“The high density interconnect (HDI) market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 12.3% from 2018 to 2023”
The high density interconnect (HDI) market is expected to grow from USD 9.5 billion in 2018 to USD 16.9 billion by 2023, at a CAGR of 12.3% from 2018 to 2023. A few key factors driving the growth of this market are increasing adoption of advanced electronics and safety measures in the automotive vertical and growing demand for smart consumer electronics and wearable devices. Major restraints for this market is the complex manufacturing process of HDI PCBs.
Download Free Sample Pages of this report
“The HDI market for the telecommunications end-user segment to hold the largest share during the forecast period”
The telecommunications end-user segment is expected to hold the largest share of the HDI market during the forecast period. The growth is attributed to the increasing usage of HDI PCBs in communications devices, such as smartphones, and in communications equipment, such as routers, switches, and modems. The telecommunications end-user segment requires high frequency of operation and high number of signal layers which is achieved through HDI.
“10+ Layers HDI to hold the largest share of the HDI market during the forecast period”
10+ layers HDI is likely to continue accounting for the largest share of the HDI market during the forecast period. This growth can be attributed to 10+ Layers HDIs being used in a wide range of devices, such as high-reliability automotive products, high-density mobile devices, and IoT modules. 10+ layers HDI offer benefits such as small size, lightweight construction, and enhanced flexibility.
“APAC to hold the largest share of the HDI market during the forecast period”
APAC is expected to hold the largest share of the HDI market during the forecast period. This can be attributed to the increasing application of HDI in consumer electronics, automotive, and healthcare verticals in countries such as China, India, and South Korea. It is also due to the extension of telecommunications networks in China, Thailand, Malaysia, South Korea, India, and other developing countries in APAC.
Breakdown of the profile of primary participants:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 = 40 %, Tier 2 = 35%, and Tier 3 = 25%
- By Designation: C-Level Executives = 55%, Directors = 45%
- By Region: Americas = 45%, Europe = 20%, APAC = 30%, and RoW = 5%
Major players in the HDI market include Unimicron (Taiwan), Compeq Co. (Taiwan), TTM Technologies (US), Austria Technologie & Systemtechnik (Austria), Zhen Ding Tech. (Taiwan), IBIDEN (Japan), MEIKO ELECTRONICS Co. (Japan), FUJITSU INTERCONNECT TECHNOLOGIES (Japan), Tripod Technology Corp. (Taiwan), Unitech (Taiwan), SAMSUNG ELECTRO-MECHANICS (South Korea), Daeduck GDS Co (South Korea), DAP Corp. (South Korea), Korea Circuit (South Korea), CMK (Japan), NCAB Group (Sweden), SIERRA CIRCUITS (US), and Multek (Hong Kong).
- The HDI market has been segmented, based on product, into 4–6 Layers HDI, 8–10 Layers HDI, and 10+ Layers HDI. On the basis of end user, the market has been segmented into automotive, consumer electronics, telecommunications, medical, and others (industrial and instrumentation and aerospace and defense).
- The HDI market, based on application, has been segmented into automotive electronics, computer and display, communications devices and equipment, audio/audiovisual devices, connected devices, wearable devices, and others. On the basis of geographic regions, the HDI market has been classified into the Americas, Europe, Asia Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW).
Reasons To Buy the Report
The report would help market leaders/new entrants in the following ways:
- This report segments the HDI market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of the overall market’s size, as well as that of the subsegments across different verticals and regions.
- The report helps stakeholders understand the pulse of the market and provides information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
- This report would help stakeholders understand their competitors better and gain more insights to enhance their position in the business.
- The competitive landscape section includes competitor ecosystem, expansions, acquisitions, collaborations, and partnerships in the HDI market.