Teleradiology is the transmission of radiology images from one place to another for rapid emergency services to hospitals and several diagnostic centers. Teleradiology reduces the workload created due to large number of radiological scans AS compared to the number of radiologist present. The teleradiology also allows second opinion from experts. The technological advancements in the field of telemedicine are expected to cause a paradigm shift in the global teleradiology market.
Advancements in healthcare IT technologies, computing power, faster networks, and cheaper storage have revolutionized medical imaging over the recent past, thus allowing doctors to manage images, analyze, and interpret more easily and flexibly than in the last decade. Computerized medical imaging analysis is one such advancement that have been the central focus in medical imaging in last few years. Medical image analysis and interpretation has become a vital technology in high-tech applications in diagnostics and a ubiquitous part of modern medical imaging systems and the related processes of clinical diagnosis and intervention. Recent advances in machine learning, especially with regard to deep learning, are helping to identify, classify, and quantify patterns in medical images. The major drawback overall lack of cost-effective digital image handling systems, thus slowing down the adoption of the teleradiology market. Rapid advancement in the field of telecommunication has been an accelerating factor in the growth of the global teleradiology market.
Telemedicine was developed to bring healthcare services closer to the patient in urban as well as rural areas. Telemedicine services are grouped based on stored images such as teleradiology, tele histopathology, and tele dermatology, among others. Telemedicine services are available for most of the specialties. Remote consulting offers more options to patients and allow continued care at home where patient and physician play an active role in managing diseases. This service also facilitates shorter hospital stay, second line support for various chronic diseases and also solves the problems occurring due to shortage of physicians at remote areas
The purpose of this study is to gain a holistic view of the global teleradiology market in terms of various influencing factors such as recent trends, regulatory requirements, and technological advancements of the market. The scope of this report constitutes a detailed study of the teleradiology services associated with the global teleradiology service market across different regions. The market has been segmented into ’technology type,’ ’imaging modality’, ’application,’ ’distribution channel,’ and ’regions.’ The teleradiology services market (by technology) is segmented into Web-based Teleradiology Services and Cloud-based Teleradiology Services. On the basis of imaging modality, the market is segmented as Computed Tomography, Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Nuclear Imaging (PET/CT), Ultrasound Systems, Mammography, X- Ray, and Others. Based on application, the market is segmented as Radiology Information System (RIS), Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS), Integrated (RIS and PACS), and Others. The end user segment contains Hospitals, Diagnostic Imaging Centers, ASCs, and others.
The report presents the reader with an opportunity to unlock comprehensive insights with respect to the market and helps in forming well-informed strategic decisions. The research uncovers some of the substantial parameters that must be taken into consideration before entering the market.
This research report aims at answering various aspects of the global teleradiology services market with the help of the key factors driving the market, restraints, and challenges that can inhibit the overall market growth and the current growth opportunities that are going to shape the future trajectory of the market expansion. The report includes an in-depth examination of the key players and recent developments taking place in this market. Moreover, the report includes chapters on market dynamics (market drivers, opportunities, and challenges) and industry analysis as well.
The research study highlights the factors governing the industry attractiveness with Porter’s Five Forces for a comprehensive understanding of the global teleradiology services market. Moreover, the study includes detailed product mapping with further sub-segmentation of various countries, and in each sub-segment, the key market trends, list of the key companies, and the key strategies and developments have also been discussed.
The answers to the following key questions can be derived from this report:
- What are the major market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global teleradiology services market?
- What are the underlying structures resulting in the emerging trends within the teleradiology services industry?
- What was the market value of the leading segments and sub-segments of the global teleradiology services market in 2017?
- How will each segment of the global teleradiology services market grow during the forecast period, and what will be the revenue generated by each of the segments by the end of 2026?
- What are the influencing factors that may affect the market share of the key players?
- How will the industry evolve during the forecast period 2018-2026?
- What are the key developmental strategies which are implemented by the major players in order to sustain in the competitive market?
- Who are the leading players with significant offerings to the teleradiology services market? What is the current market dominance for each of these leading players?
- What would be the compound annual growth rate witnessed by the leading players in the market during the forecast period 2018-2026?
- What are the key imaging modalities service revenue in the global teleradiology services market? What are the major benefits of each imaging modality?
- How has the market been segmented on the basis of technology? Which technology is dominating the global teleradiology services market, and what is the reason behind its dominance?
- How has the market been segmented on the basis of application? Which technology is dominating the global teleradiology services market, and what is the reason behind its dominance?
- How has the market been segmented on the basis of end user? Which end user is currently dominating the global teleradiology services market, and what is the reason behind its dominance?
- Who are the key service providers in the teleradiology services market, and what is their growth potential?
- What are the key regulatory implications in developed and developing regions for teleradiology services?
- What is the growth potential of teleradiology services in each region, including North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and MEA?
- Which teleradiology services product type is having the most promising growth and in which region?
- Which teleradiology services end user is having the most promising growth and in which region?
The key players who have been contributing significantly to the teleradiology services company market includes RadNet, Inc., Envision Healthcare Corporation, MEDNAX Inc., Siemens Healthineers, Everlight Radiology Pty Ltd., 4ways Healthcare Limited, Global Diagnostics, Vision Radiology, Vital Radiology Services, USARAD Holdings, Inc., Argus Radiology, Foundation Radiology, Inc., ONRAD, Inc., and Teleradiology Solutions, among others.