Systems controlled by sensors have become integral in today’s automobiles, and this has made most electro-mechanical devices better refined and more efficient. The development and deployment of numerous sensing technologies support and enable the introduction of advanced electronic systems, although there are challenges regarding robustness, reliability, quality and cost. New sensors are emerging to improve system functionality and to enable future advanced systems, but existing sensors will also continue to find new applications and build upon their past records of performance. This report will study the areas in the production of an automobile that have advanced with the use of sensors and the markets for these sensors in various applications and regions.
For this report, automobiles are considered to include all passenger cars, light commercial vehicles (LCVs), heavy commercial vehicles (HCVs), buses and specialized vehicles (e.g., racing cars, semi-automatic vehicles, autonomous vehicles).
- 94 data tables and 31 additional tables
- An overview of the global markets for automotive sensor technologies
- Analyses of global market trends with data from 2019, estimates for 2020 and 2021, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2026
- Market share analysis of sensors for automotive vehicles by technology type, end user, application segment and major geographical regions covering North America, Europe, APAC and Rest of the World
- A look at the development and deployment of number of sensing technologies and details of the advanced electronic systems, and their challenges
- Information on advance driver assistance systems (ADAS) and hybrid and electric vehicles and discussion on the increased demand for convenience, comfort, safety, efficiency and environmental protection, all of which are contributing to the growth of the market
- Detailed analysis of the current market trends, market forecast, drivers, challenges, and opportunities affecting market growth and discussion of technological, regulatory and competitive elements as well as economic trends affecting the future marketplace for vehicular sensor technologies
- Coverage of U.S. patents issued for developments in automotive sensor technologies by all major categories including year of issue, country, number of patents issued to different companies and type of technology or process
- Company profiles of major sensors manufacturers including ABB Ltd., Bosch Sensortec Gmbh, Crossbow Technologies Inc., ELESYS North America Inc., Hitachi Automotive Systems, Honeywell Sensing & Controls, Sumitomo Electric Industries Ltd., and Valeo S.A.