Systems controlled by sensors have become integral in today’s automobiles, and this has made most electro-mechanical devices better refined and more efficient with their application. The development and deployment of numerous sensing technologies support and enable the introduction of advanced electronic systems, although there are challenges regarding robustness, reliability, quality and cost. New sensors are emerging to improve system functionality and to enable future advanced systems, but existing sensors will also continue to find new applications, building upon their past records of performance. This report will study the areas in the production of an automobile that have advanced with the use of sensors and the markets for these sensors in various applications and regions.
Download Free Sample Pages of this report
For this report, automobiles are considered to include all passenger cars, light commercial vehicles (LCVs), heavy commercial vehicles (HCVs), buses and specialized vehicles (e.g., racing cars, semi-automatic vehicles, autonomous vehicles).
- 97 data tables and 28 additional tables
- Industry analysis and a brief overview of the global markets for automotive sensor technologies
- Analyses of global market trends with data from 2017 and 2018, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2023
- Qualitative and quantitative study of sensors for automotive vehicles’ market by technology type, end user, application segment and major geographical regions covering North America, Europe, APAC and Rest of the World
- Details on key areas in the production of an automobile that have advanced with the use of sensors, and the markets for these sensors in various applications and regions
- A look at the development and deployment of number of sensing technologies and the introduction of advanced electronic systems, and the challenges regarding their robustness, reliability, quality and cost
- Information on the increased demand for convenience, comfort, safety, efficiency and environmental protection, all of which are contributing to the growth of the market
- Discussion of technological, regulatory and competitive elements as well as economic trends affecting the future marketplace for vehicular sensor technologies
- Coverage of U.S. patents issued for developments in automotive sensor technologies by all major categories including year of issue, country, number of patents issued to different companies and type of technology or process
- Examination of the competitive landscape and company profiles of major sensors manufacturers, including Analog Devices Inc. (ADI), Autoliv Inc., Continental Automotive Electronics LLC, Continental AG, Delphi Automotive PLC, GE Measurement & Control Solutions, Hitachi Automotive Systems, Honeywell Sensing & Controls and Valeo S.A.