The increased occurrence of diseases, such as cancer and metabolic diseases, has influenced the pharmaceutical/healthcare industry towards developing efficient and accurate diagnostic tools and therapies. With the increase in the aging population and incidence of diseases worldwide, along with the recent research and development (R&D), the demand for advanced technology for diagnostics has significantly increased. Technological developments in computed tomography have brought significant changes in the speed, spatial resolution and dose efficiency in newer CT scanners. The advanced and high-end machines have transformed the field of radiology/imaging. This report focuses on the global market for CT scanners and provides an updated review, including the basic design and its applications.
The report addresses the total market for CT scanners focusing on the various types of CT scanners used, which include low-tier CT scanners (64 slices), portable scanners and cone beam CT scanners. The report also covers four main areas of applications: oncology, cardiovascular, neurology and others (guided procedures, spine, chest/thorax, pelvic/abdominal). The report also covers the market for CT scanners by end user. The end users of CT scanners considered in this report are hospitals and clinics, diagnostic labs and research and academics. Cone beam computed tomography is not included in the market by end user and application as this modality is generally used in dentistry and for maxillofacial scanning. In this study, BCC Research has attempted to estimate the market for computed tomography scanners based on revenue and unit shipments.
Also included in the report are relevant patent analyses and comprehensive profiles of the companies that lead the CT scanner industry. The demographic analysis of various countries is also covered in the report. Major players in the market are GE Healthcare, Siemens Healthineers, Philips Medical Systems BV, Toshiba America Medical Systems (acquired by Canon Inc.), Hitachi Medical Systems and Neusoft Medical Systems Co. Ltd.
This report focuses on the global market for CT scanners and provides an updated review, including its applications in various healthcare industry segments. The report covers CT scanners used in diagnostics and therapies.
The scope of the study is global. BCC Research analyzes each market and its application, new products and advancements, market projections and market shares. The geographical regions covered in the report are North America, Europe and the emerging markets. The emerging markets include countries such as India, China, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Africa, Australia, New Zealand, etc.
Download Free Sample Pages of this report
- 41 data tables and 17 additional tables
- An overview of the global markets for Computed Tomography (CT) scanners
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2016 and 2017, and projections of compound annual growth rate (CAGR) through 2022
- Examination of the industry, its relationship to the healthcare industry, and its participants and trends for the future
- Analysis of market dynamics, including factors driving growth, challenges affecting the industry, and opportunities
- Reviews of the competitive landscape, leading pipeline products, pricing, and technology offerings
- Company profiles of major players in the market including, Canon Inc., Danaher Corp., GE Healthcare Ltd., Hitachi Medical Systems, Medtronic, Scanco Medical AG, and Siemens Healthineers