The global market for Human Vaccines is projected to reach US$41.5 billion by 2024, driven by the growing importance of vaccines in safeguarding public health, reducing healthcare costs via prevention of diseases and contributing towards a more sustainable healthcare system. The market is forecast to witness rising R&D investments in vaccine development projects guided by the growing need for preventive vaccines against cancer, Zika, HPV, HSV, HIV and a broad range of infectious diseases that currently burden the healthcare system and societies worldwide.
Few of the worrisome infectious disease facts that preserve the value of vaccines in healthcare include:
- annual burden of new HPV related cancers worldwide to the tune of 670,000;
- rise of Zika into a public health emergency with over 86 countries reporting 230,000 cumulative confirmed cases of infection between 2015-2018;
- disturbingly high prevalence of Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV) which infects approximately 67% of the world population under 50 years of age;
- continued prevalence of tuberculosis which infects 10 million and takes 1.5 million lives each year despite the progress made toward eliminating the disease;
- and rise in HIV infections worldwide top over 36.9 million.
Download Free Sample Pages of this report
Company and Industry News & Stories
- FDA Approves HPV Vaccine, Gardasil 9, for Adults in the Age Group of 27 to 45 Years
- With the Aim to Dominate Shingles Vaccine Market, SK Chemicals Plans to Launch SKYZoster, Korea's First and World's Second Herpes Zoster Vaccine
- Inovio Announces Positive Results from Phase 1 Trial for Zika Vaccine in New England
- European Agency Proposes Approval of Sanofi's Dengvaxia to Prevent Dengue
- Altimmune Merges with PharmAthenes to Form Altimmune Inc., a Fully Integrated and Diversified Immunotherapeutics Company
Outlook in Key Market Segments
- Through 2024, Pediatric Vaccines will remain the largest market, followed by Adult Vaccines.
- Adult Vaccines is projected to witness the fastest growth driven by improved awareness, growing acceptance and approval for products in this target population.
Product Definition & Scope
- Human vaccines are defined as biological preparations comprising weakened or altered or inactivated viruses that help the body develop antibody defenses against diseases. Vaccines are weapons against preventable diseases, saving the lives of millions of people around the world every year. Vaccines have so far been successful in eradicating smallpox.
Timeline for Analysis
- Market Estimates and Forecasts for 2016-2024
- Historic Review 2011-2015
Geographic Markets Analyzed
- US, Canada, Japan, Europe (France, Germany, Italy, UK, Spain, Russia, and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, India, and Rest of Asia-Pacific), Latin America (Brazil, and Rest of Latin America), and Rest of World
Market Segmentation & Classification
- Product Segments:
- Pediatric Vaccines, and Adult Vaccines
- ALK – Abelló A/S
- Altimmune, Inc.
- Bharat Biotech International
- GlaxoSmithKline Plc.
- Pfizer Inc.
- Sanofi Pasteur SA
- Serum Institute of India Pvt. Ltd.
How Can You Benefit?
This research project broadly covers analysis of all market trends, drivers, challenges and other macro market scenarios you need to know to improve your strategic planning and remain informed and competitive. The study also provides reliable ready facts and exclusive statistical data insights in addition to expert and highly accurate market size forecasts and projections to help you identify new markets and opportunities for revenue growth and sustainability. The extensive reportage of industry, company and product news and stories together with coverage of all major and niche players provided in the report helps you build a 360 degree perspective on your markets and gain unsurpassed insights needed to devise plans and strategies to maximize business growth.