The future of the PCB market looks promising with opportunities in the computer/peripherals, communications, consumer electronics, industrial, automotive, and military/aerospace industries. The global PCB market is expected to reach an estimated $89.7 billion by 2024 with a CAGR of 4.3% from 2019 to 2024. The major growth drivers for this market are increasing demand for PCB in the communication industry, growth in connected devices, and advancement in automotive electronics.
Emerging trends, which have a direct impact on the dynamics of the PCB industry, include miniaturization of printed circuit boards, growing demand for high speed data and signal transmission, and development of green PCBs.
A total of 142 figures / charts and 107 tables are provided in this 205 -page report to help in your business decisions. Sample figures with some insights are shown below. To learn the scope of, benefits, companies researched and other details of printed circuit board market report download the report brochure.
PCB market by end use industry
The study includes the PCB market size and forecast for the global PCB market through 2024, segmented by end use industry, by product type, laminate material, raw material usage, and region as follows:
- PCB Market by End Use Industry [$M shipment analysis for 2013 – 2024]:
- Computer/Peripherals Communications Consumer Electronics Industrial Electronics Automotive Military/Aerospace Others
- PCB Market by Product Type [$M shipment analysis for 2013 – 2024]:
- Rigid 1-2 Sided Standard Multilayer Flexible Circuits Rigid-flex HDI/Microvia/Build-up IC Substrate Others
- PCB Market by Laminate Materials Type [$M shipment analysis for 2013 – 2024]:
- FR-4 FR-4 High Tg FR-4 Halogen Free Standard & Others Flexible (PI,PET,?..) Paper Composites Others
- PCB Market by Raw Material Usage [$M shipment analysis for 2013 – 2024]:
- Glass Fabric Epoxy Resin Kraft Paper Phenolic Resin Polyimide Film
- PCB Market by Region [$M shipment analysis for 2013 – 2024]:
- North America United States Canada Mexico Europe Germany France UK Asia Pacific China Japan South Korea India Taiwan Rest of the World
- Some of the PCB companies profiled in this report include Zhen Ding Technology Holding, NOK Corporation, TTM Technologies, Unimicron Technology, Compeq Manufacturing, Young Poong Electronics, Samsung Electro-Mechanics, Tripod Technology, Ibiden Co., and others.
Lucintel forecasts that standard multilayers will remain the largest substrate type due to increasing demand in computer and communication industries. The rigid-flex substrate is expected to witness the highest growth during the forecast period due to growing demand for smartphone and display applications.
Within the PCB market, computers/peripherals will remain the largest end use industry during the forecast period due to increasing demand for computer systems in business, healthcare, and educational sectors. The consumer electronics segment is expected to witness the highest growth due to the increasing demand for connected devices.
Asia Pacific is expected to remain the largest market and witness the highest growth over the forecast period due to the increasing electronic content in automotive, and growth in consumer electronic devices and telecommunication products. Increasing usage of electric vehicles due to growing environmental concerns and regulations is also expected to drive the demand for PCB in this region.
Some of the features of “Printed Circuit Board (PCB) Market Report: Trends, Forecast and Competitive Analysis” Include:
- Market size estimates: Global PCB market size estimation in terms of value ($M) shipment.Trend and forecast analysis: Market trend (2013-2018) and forecast (2019-2024) by application, and end use industry.Segmentation analysis: Global PCB market size by various applications such as end use industry, product type, laminate, and raw material in terms of value and volume shipment.Regional analysis: Global PCB market breakdown by North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World. Growth opportunities: Analysis on growth opportunities in different applications and regions for PCB in the global PCB market.Strategic analysis: This includes M&A, new product development, and competitive landscape for PCB in the global PCB market. Analysis of competitive intensity of the industry based on Porter’s Five Forces model.
This report answers following 11 key questions:
Q.1 What are some of the most promising potential, high-growth opportunities for the global PCB market by end use industry (Computer/Peripheral, Communication, Consumer Electronics, Industrial Electronics, Automotive, Military/Aerospace, Others), substrate (Standard Multilayer, Flexible, HDI/Microvia/Build-Up, IC Substrate, Rigid 1-2 Sided, Rigid Flex, Others), laminate material type (FR-4, flexible, Paper, CEM and others), laminate raw material usage (Glass Fabric, Epoxy Resin, Kraft Paper, Phenolic Resin, Polyimide Film), and region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World)?
Q.2 Which segments will grow at a faster pace and why?
Q.3 Which regions will grow at a faster pace and why?
Q.4 What are the key factors affecting market dynamics? What are the drivers and challenges of the PCB market?
Q.5 What are the business risks and threats to the PCB market?
Q.6 What are emerging trends in this PCB market and the reasons behind them?
Q.7 What are some changing demands of customers in the PCB market?
Q.8 What are the new developments in the PCB market? Which companies are leading these developments?
Q.9 Who are the major players in this PCB market? What strategic initiatives are being implemented by key players for business growth?
Q.10 What are some of the competitive products and processes in this PCB area and how big of a threat do they pose for loss of market share via material or product substitution?
Q.11 What M & A activities have taken place in the last 5 years in this PCB market?