A drone is an automated, unmanned and mechanized vehicle that is mobile in nature. Drone types include unmanned ground vehicles (UGVs), unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), unmanned surface vehicles (USVs) and unmanned underwater vehicles (UUVs).
Mobility promises to be the next frontier in the use of drones for end user industries, such as, agricultural, medical and surgical, security, defense, and ocean and space applications. Moreover, the reapplication of labor from moving goods to higher-value tasks leads to a decrease in turnaround time and an increase in operational efficiency.
Wireless communication with drones is one of the potential challenges for the industry. With technological advancements, the drone industry is expected to witness the commercialization of automated cars, which would further fuel the drone demand.
The global drone market was REDACTED in 2017 and is expected to reach nearly REDACTED by 2023 growing at a CAGR of REDACTED from 2018 to 2023. North America accounts for the largest market share of the global drone market, followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific. Key market participants include General Atomics, Insitu, AeroVironment, SZ DJI Technology, Autonomous Surface Vehicles, Oceaneering International, Lockheed Martin and Northrop Grumman.
The scope of the report includes an overview of the global market for drones as well as analyses of global market trends, with data from 2016 and 2017, the latter considered the base year, as well as estimates for 2018 through 2023, with projections of CAGR in the forecast period.
The report includes a discussion of technological, regulatory and competitive elements as well as economic trends affecting the market. It also explains the major drivers and regional dynamics of the global drone market and current trends within the industry.
The drone market is segmented into two categories:
- Type of unmanned vehicle: ground (UGVs), surface (USVs), underwater (UUVs) and aerial (UAVs).
- Application: Logistics and warehousing, defense, field operations and entertainment.
- UGV includes only those unmanned vehicles used for military and commercial applications. It does not include driverless cars used by end consumers.
The report concludes with detailed profiles of the major vendors in the global drone market.
- 33 data tables and 26 additional tables
- An overview of the global market for drone technology
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2016 to 2018 and projections of CAGRs through 2023
- Country-specific data and analysis for U.S., China, Russia, the U.K., Australia, Germany, Turkey, U.A.E., Brazil, France, Saudi Arabia, India, South Korea and Japan
- Coverage of history and market dynamics of drones
- Discussion of types of drones including unmanned ground vehicles, unmanned surface vehicles, unmanned marine vehicles and unmanned aerial vehicles
- Description of demand for drones in surveillance, reconnaissance, military combat and commercial applications
- Detailed description of major players in the market, including Aerovironment, Inc., BAE System, General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc., Lockheed Martin Corp., Parrot Drones SAS, Saab Seaeye Ltd. and Xiaomi Inc.