“The global hybrid fiber coaxial market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.02% during 2018–2023”
The hybrid fiber coaxial (HFC) market is expected to reach USD 13.6 billion by 2023 from USD 9.6 billion in 2018, at a CAGR of 8.02% during 2018–2023. Major factors driving the growth of the hybrid fiber coaxial market include high bandwidth and cost efficiency. High bandwidth extends benefits such as shorter download time, smoother experience with multiple concurrent online applications and users, and faster data transfer. Demand for higher bandwidth is driving the need for HFC network as it eliminates the limitations of complete copper cable architectures, such as latency and data transfer at high bandwidth. However, factors such as troubleshooting and maintenance issues after deployment are restraining the growth of the market.
“The market for DOCSIS 3.1 is expected to grow at a high rate during 2018–2023”
The market for DOCSIS 3.1 is expected to grow at a high rate during the forecast period. DOCSIS 3.1 is the latest version of DOCSIS and it provides greater capacity and efficiency progression as compared to the older versions. Cable providers can deliver up to 10 Gbit/s speeds in downstream and 1 to 2 Gbit/s in upstream.
“CMTS/CCAP component is expected to hold the largest share of the HFC market in 2018”
CMTS/CCAP component is expected to hold the largest share of the HFC market in 2018. CMTS/CCAP are generally found in the headends of multiple service operators (MSOs). These systems enable the exchange of digital signals on a cable network with cable modems. They enable services such as video streaming, voice over internet protocol (VoIP), and high-speed internet. In an HFC architecture, a CMTS manages all of the cable modems (CMs) in a network; CMs provide the means by which various stations are connected to the network. A CMTS is located at hub sites to provide high-speed internet and video streaming services to subscribers.
“Europe is expected to register the highest CAGR globally during the forecast period owing to the increasing digital media consumption and rising number of subscribers getting connected to the network”
The UK, Germany, and Italy are the major European HFC markets. Service providers in Europe tend to modernize their mobile core networks to enhance their capabilities for meeting rising demand for high-speed data services. Telecom and internet service providers mainly focus on improving network infrastructure and efficiency, which would increase the adoption of HFCs in the coming years.
Break-up of the profiles of primary participants:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 – 56%, Tier 2 – 23%, and Tier 3 – 21%
- By Designation: C-Level Executives – 75% and Managers – 25%
- By Region: North America – 40%, Europe – 23%, Asia Pacific – 26%, and Rest of the World – 11%
The report includes profiles of market players such as Arris (US), Huawei (China), Nokia (Finland), Technicolor (France), Cisco (US), Corning, (US), Ciena (US), Comcast (US), CommScope (US), Teleste Corp. (Finland), Telstra Corp. (Australia), PCT International (US), ZTE (China), Comba (China), Skyworks (US), Vodafone (England), Vecima Networks (Canada), Technetix (UK), Infinera (US), Finisar (US), Bentley Systems (US), Bktel (Germany), C-COR Broadband (Australia), Verizon (US), Charter Communications (US), Cox Communications (US), Singtel Optus (China), Com Hem (Sweden), TDC (Denmark), Telecom Italia (Italy), and Telefonica (Spain).
- This research report categorizes the global hybrid fiber coaxial market based on technology (DOCSIS 3.0 & below and DOCSIS 3.1), component (CMTS/CCAP, Amplifier, Optical Node, Optical Transceiver, Fiber Optic Cable, Splitter, and CPE), and geography (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Rest of the World). The report describes the major drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities pertaining to the market.
Reasons To Buy the Report
The report would help leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
- This report segments the HFC market comprehensively and provides the closest market size estimation for subsegments across different regions.
- The report would help stakeholders understand the pulse of the market and provide them the information on key drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities for market growth.
- This report would help stakeholders understand their competitors better and gain insights to improve their positions in the market.
- The competitive landscape section studies competitors’ ecosystem, product launches, acquisitions, partnerships, expansions, contracts, and collaborations.