The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is empowering telcos’ internal & external capabilities and can help them yield new revenue streams. AI capabilities are being infused across all telcos’ key business areas, including networks, products & services, and customer interactions.
Initially led by pure-play Internet and cloud providers such as IBM with Watson, Apple with Siri and Amazon with Alexa, the artificially-intelligent digital assistant &chatbot ecosystem is seeing the emergence of telco players. Examples include in-house developed AI assistants such as SK Telecom’s NUGU and white-labelled chatbots such as Kyivstar Ukraine’s Zoryana.
It is still early days for telcos’ digital assistants and chatbot deployments. Most initiatives have focused on digital customer support, sales and business process optimization and cost reductions.Moreover, in addition to increasing customer satisfaction and retention, a few telcos are harnessing digital assistants &chatbots to generate new revenue streams - e.g., through VAS & smart device sales.
"Telco Digital AI Assistants & Chatbots: State of Play and Monetization Plans", a global outlook report, gives an overview of the digital assistant &chatbot ecosystem, analyzes telcos’ deployment strategies and their overarching goals.
The report also provides a number of monetization options that telcos have adopted and are planning to rollout for their digital assistant and chatbot capabilities. It also offers case studies of telcos’ digital AI assistant implementations. It reviews the development strategies, the key benefits produced and the monetization models.
Companies Mentioned: Alibaba, Amazon, Apple, Baidu, Deutsche Telekom, Globe Philippines, Google, IBM, Kakao, KT, Kyivstar Ukraine, LG, Magic Leap, Microsoft, Nanosemantika, Naver, Orange, Servicefriend, SK Telecom, Softbank, Telefonica, Telegram, T-Mobile, Verizon, Viber, Vivo, Vodafone, Xiaomi.
- Digital assistants and chatbots are becoming important capabilities to powering telcos’ customer journey digitization.
- Most telco digital assistant and chatbot deployment initiatives have initially focused on digital customer support and sales.
- Monetization use cases, for new revenue streams generation, are also starting to arise.
- In light of the capabilities made available by global Internet & cloud players and other technology companies in this space, telcos need to carefully select their digital AI assistant deployment strategy to be able to yield the return they seek.
Reasons To Buy
- This global outlook report provides an extensive examination of the digital AI assistants & chatbots ecosystem to help telecom operators harness the capability and related business model levers required for customer journey digitization and to help telcos capture new revenue streams.
- The report objective is to help inform global industry executives’ decision-making process on the required digital AI assistants & chatbots implementation and monetization strategies.
- Four case studies illustrate the findings of the report, providing insights into telecom operators’ digital AI assistant implementations. This will help industry executives understand the drivers and benefits digital AI assistants can create for them as well as the business & partnership models telcos can adopt to deploy & monetize these AI capabilities.
- With eight exhibits, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, to help them understand and determine the adequate evolution moves for their AI strategies.