The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
The spirits sector in Russia is led by the vodka category in both value and volume terms in 2017, while the rum category is expected to register the fastest value and volume growth during 2017-2022. On-trade transactions accounted for the leading share in the distribution of spirits in the country. Glass is the most commonly used pack material, followed by rigid plastics. ’Status Group’, ’Russian Standard Corporation ’ and ’Jsc synergy’ are the leading market players in the Russian spirits sector.
Our Country Profile report on the Spirits sector in Russia provides insights on high growth categories to target, trends in the usage of package materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
What else is contained?
- Sector data: Overall sector value and volume data with growth analysis for 2012-2022
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for brandy, gin & genever, liqueurs, rum, specialty spirits, tequila & mezcal, vodka, and whiskey with inputs on individual segment share within each category and the change in their market share forecast for 2017-2022
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels in volume terms in 2017
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each category through distribution channels such as hypermarkets & supermarkets, department stores, convenience stores, drugstores & pharmacies, food & drinks specialists, cash & carries and warehouse clubs, ’dollar stores’, variety store & general merchandise retailers, vending machines, e-retailers, on-trade, and other general retailers
- Packaging data: consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each category, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Pack material data for glass, rigid plastics, rigid metal and others; pack type data for: Bottle and can.
- The per capita consumption of spirits was higher in Russia compared to both global and regional levels in 2017
- Of the eight categories, vodka was the largest in value terms in the Russian spirits sector
- On-trade transactions accounted for the largest distribution share in the Russian spirits sector, followed by hypermarkets & supermarkets
- Pyat Ozer is the leading brand in the Russian spirits sector
- Glass is the most commonly used pack material in the Russian spirits sector.
Reasons To Buy
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as real GDP, nominal GDP, consumer price index, household consumption expenditure, population (by age group, gender, rurral-urban split, and employed people and unemployment rate. It also includes economic summary of the country along with labor market and demographic trends.