This report is an update of an earlier report of the same title. It reviews global markets and new developments for cell-based assays and forecasts trends for the use of these assays for drug discovery, safety and toxicology through 2023. The report includes details of important assays, technologies and the latest developments and outlines market shares by assay type and company, with a special emphasis on the U.S. market. Statistical information on the prevalence of types of cancers worldwide is also included.
The report also details current issues and trends affecting the industry, as well as costs and factors that have an impact on demand. It covers products in development, new technologies, trends, and alliances and mergers. The report offers market data by segment and region and discusses market trends with respect to drivers, restraints and opportunities.
- 23 data tables and 48 additional tables
- Detailed overview of the global market for cell-based assays within the industry
- Analyses of global market trends with data from 2017, estimates for 2018, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2023
- Details of important assays, technologies and the latest developments and outlines market shares by assay type and company, with a special emphasis on the U.S. market
- Regional dynamics of cell-based assays covering North America, Europe and other emerging economies
- Examination of the cell-based assays available and currently being used, new developments, spending trends, and revenue prospects for cell-based assays in the pharmaceutical industry
- Discussion of current issues and trends affecting the industry, as well as costs and factors that have an impact on demand
- Coverage of major issues involved in the research and development (R&D) of more effective cell-based approaches for drug discovery
- Company profiles of major players in the industry including Beckman Coulter, DiscoverX, PerkinElmer, Life Technologies and Promega Corp.