The scope of this study encompasses the major wind turbine markets and their component markets. Each market is analyzed to determine its current status (2016), and the future market is forecast (2017 through 2022). Technological issues including the latest trends are discussed. Other factors such as rising energy costs, changing government regulations, and improving efficiencies are reviewed. The wind energy industry is evaluated on a nationwide basis, both from a manufacturing and energy capacity point of view. The report also examines government support and activities of wind industry organizations.
The market size for future onshore and offshore wind power generation has been estimated by studying the possible future technology trends in the market. This report analyzes and forecasts the market volume and revenue for the onshore and offshore wind energy markets and provides an analysis of the market size of wind power in terms of capacity (megawatt, or MW) and revenue in U.S. billion dollars (USD billions).
Estimated values used are based on manufacturers’ total revenues. Projected and forecasted revenue values are in constant U.S. dollars, unadjusted for inflation.
- 57 data tables
- An overview of the global market for wind turbines.
- Analyses of global market trends with data from 2016, estimates for 2017, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2022.
- Coverage of key components, including rotor, tower, gearbox, generators, and speed control system.
- In-depth analysis of the wind turbine industry.
- Segmentation of the market by region, technology, application, type, and component.
- Evaluation of the market’s dynamics, specifically growth drivers and inhibitors, as well as government support and regulations.
- Comprehensive profiles of major players in the wind turbine industry.