The scope of the report includes liquid biopsy technologies, applications, industry subsegments, biomarker technologies, major funding initiatives, patents and companies. The market sizes for liquid biopsy diagnostics are given for 2019, 2020 and 2025 (forecasted).
This report reviews liquid biopsy biomarkers and technologies and provides background on why liquid biopsy is increasingly viewed as a replacement for, or a companion to, tissue biopsy. The report then discusses several of the significant large-scale research initiatives that are contributing to liquid biopsy development. The key forces driving the market are enumerated.
The structures of several important industry subsectors, as well as major industry acquisitions and strategic alliances from January 2019 through January 2021, are reviewed. The industry subsectors that have been analyzed include DNA sequencing and instruments; long-read sequencing; sequencing informatics; PCR; droplet digital PCR; CTC capture and detection; liquid biopsy; cancer screening/early detection; and noninvasive prenatal screening.
The market for liquid biopsy diagnostics is analyzed in depth. The market is analyzed by -
- Application (cancer, reproductive health, transplant);
- Biomarker type, including circulating nucleic acids, circulating tumor cells, and other (extracellular vesicles, proteins);
- Analysis platforms including NGS, PCR and other (microarray, Sanger sequencing, immunoassay, immunocytochemistry, and cell capture);
- Analysis purpose (screening/early detection, diagnosis, therapy guidance, monitoring); and
- Geography (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Rest of World).
- Market data covers 2019, 2020 and 2025 (forecasted).
The report contains a large profile compilation of more than 200 companies in the liquid biopsy industry.
The key player provides a summary of the main industry acquisitions and strategic alliances from January 2019 through January 2021, including key alliance trends.
- 29 data tables and 56 additional tables
- An overview of the global market for liquid biopsy research tools, services and diagnostics
- Estimation of the market size and analyses of global market trends, with data from 2019 and 2020, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2025
- Characterization and quantification of market potential for liquid biopsy diagnostics by application, biomarker type, analysis platform, analysis purpose and geographical region
- Discussion on significant large-scale research initiatives that are contributing to liquid biopsy market development
- Examination of various conventional biopsy methods and information on how liquid biopsy enabling technologies address the issues and are gaining significant traction with key opinion leaders
- Identification of market drivers, restraints and other forces influencing the growth of the liquid biopsy market
- Market share analysis of the key companies of the industry and coverage of events like mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures, collaborations or partnerships, and other key market strategies
- Review of patents and new developments in circulating tumor cell (CTC) technologies, exosome technologies, cell-free DNA technologies, and cancer biomarkers
- Company profiles of major liquid biopsy market players, including Bard1 Life Sciences Ltd., Becton, Dickinson and Co. (BD), Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc., Danaher Corp., Exosome Sciences Inc., Qiagen NV and Roche Holding AG