This report discusses the implications of all the above-mentioned trends in the context of the current size and growth of the market for generic drugs, both in global terms and broken down by the most important national markets. The nature and structure of the generic drug industry is discussed, with profiles of the leading 20+ generic drug companies and an update on M&A activity. Five-year sales forecasts are provided for the national markets and the major therapeutic categories of the products involved.
Based on geography, the market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Rest of the World. Detailed analyses of major countries such as the U.S., Canada, Germany, the U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Japan, China and India are covered in regional segments. For market estimates, data has been provided for the year 2019 as the base year, with forecasts for 2020 through 2025. The estimated values used are based on drug manufacturers’ total revenues. Projected and forecasted revenue values are in constant U.S. dollars that have not been adjusted for inflation.
- 38 tables
- An updated review of the global market for generic drugs
- Analyses of the global market trends, with data from 2018-2020, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2025
- Highlights of current and future market potential of generic drugs along with an emphasis on the major generics issue, regulatory landscape and patent cliff within the generic drugs industry
- COVID-19 impact (both short term vs. long term) on the global generic drugs market compared to the overall pharmaceutical industry
- Estimation of the market size and market forecast for pharmaceuticals and generic drugs by the most important geographies and major therapeutic categories of products
- Key M&A deals, collaborations and partnerships, licensing and manufacturing agreements, and other investment strategies within this market
- Competitive landscape of the key players in the global generic drugs market, analysis of company sales data, and structure of the generics industry
- Insight into the pipeline analysis of new and generic drugs and their impact on the growth of the market
- Company profiles of the leading players operating in global generic drugs market including Aspen, Cipla, Lupin, Pfizer, Sanofi, Sun Pharmaceuticals and Teva Pharmaceuticals