PESTLE Insights: Greece - Macroeconomic Outlook Report
Financial intermediation, real estate and business activities contributed 25.3% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2018, followed by wholesale, retail and hotels (17.3%). However, financial intermediation, real estate and business activities sector, and wholesale, retail and hotels sector are expected to grow by 2.6% and 2.9% respectively in 2019.
Attiki and Voreia Ellada contributed 69.5% of the nation’s GDP and 63.7% of the total population in 2017
Germany was the highest investing country in 2017
Overall, the Athens Stock Exchange General Index exhibits a downward trend over the last one year. As of April 18th 2019, the index stood at 778.4, compared to 842.3 on April 18th, 2018
- As per World Bank’s logistics performance index (LPI), transport and logistic infrastructure in Greece improved over the last two years. The country’s worldwide rank rose from 47th in 2016 to 42nd in 2018
- Greece is expected to receive EUR1.3 bn (US$1.5 bn) from EU by 2020 for the completion of ongoing infrastructure projects
Reasons To Buy
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.