This report analyzes microspheres?homogeneous microparticles of 1 to 1,000 microns in diameter. Microspheres can be solid or hollow and are made from a variety of raw materials.
In this report, BCC Research analyzes the global market for microspheres by both material type and applications. Since there are several types of microspheres that vary drastically in quality, chemical properties, functionality, and price, each type of microsphere is discussed in detail, including materials, manufacturing processes, advantages, prices, and primary applications. Similarly, due to these variations, microsphere use in five major application markets are discussed and analyzed in detail.
The report provides detailed analysis and market forecasts by industry, microsphere type and geographic region through 2022. It describes major industry players and examines recent advances in technology, newly evolving markets, companies, and other factors influencing pricing characteristics. As already mentioned, except in a few segments, market prices are not controlled by supply and demand; instead, markets are created by new technologies and applications.
The scope of the current report has been widened by increasing the number of companies reviewed to more than double the number in past reports. The explosion in participants in the field is creating both job opportunities as well as new applications.
Estimated values used are based on manufacturers’ total revenues. Projected and forecasted revenue values are in constant US dollars, unadjusted for inflation.
This report does not detail the metallic microsphere market, as this is a parallel industry that is analyzed in depth in other reports from BCC Research, such as those of metal injection molding (MIM) and powder metallurgy. MIM is the largest growing market for micron-sized metallic powders. Metallic microspheres are mostly solid microspheres and are more commonly referred to as metal powders, whereas this report covers materials for which microspheres are available in both solid and hollow forms.
- 87 data tables and 30 additional tables
- An overview of the global market for microspheres
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2016 and 2017, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2022
- Identification of segments with high growth potential and their future applications
- Explanation of major drivers and regional dynamics of the market and current trends within the industry
- Detailed profiles of major vendors in the market, including 3M Corp., BASF SE, Boston Scientific Corp., Evonik Industries AG and L’Oral S.A.