This report analyzes microspheres, which are homogeneous microparticles of 1 to 1,000 microns in diameter. Microspheres can be solid or hollow and are made from a variety of raw materials.
This report analyzes the global market for microspheres by both material type and application. Since there are several types of microspheres that vary drastically in quality, chemical properties, functionality and price, each type of microsphere is discussed in detail, including materials, manufacturing processes, advantages, prices and primary applications. Similarly, due to these variations, microsphere use in five major application markets are discussed and analyzed in detail.
The report provides detailed analysis and market forecasts by industry, microsphere type and geographic region through 2027. It describes major industry players and examines recent advances in technology, newly evolving markets, companies and other factors influencing pricing characteristics. As already mentioned, except in a few segments, market prices are not controlled by supply and demand; instead, markets are created by new technologies and applications.
The scope of the current report has been widened by increasing the number of companies reviewed to more than double the number in past reports. The explosion in participants in the field is creating both job opportunities as well as new applications.
Estimated values used are based on manufacturers’ total revenues. Projected and forecasted revenue values are in constant U.S. dollars, unadjusted for inflation.
This report does not detail the metallic microsphere market, as this is a parallel industry that is analyzed in depth in other reports from BCC Research, such as those of metal injection molding (MIM) and powder metallurgy. MIM is the largest growing market for micron-sized metallic powders. Metallic microspheres are mostly solid microspheres and are more commonly referred to as metal powders, whereas this report covers materials for which microspheres are available in both solid and hollow forms.
- 103 data tables and 27 additional tables
- An up-to-date review and analysis of the global markets for microspheres technology
- Analyses of the global market trends, with data from 2021, estimates for 2022, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2027
- Highlights of the upcoming market potential for microspheres, current trends and innovations, and areas of focus to forecast this market into various segments and sub-segments
- Evaluation and forecast the global microspheres market size, and corresponding market share analysis by microspheres type, end-user industry, and geographic region
- Discussion of the key market dynamics (DROs), technology advancements in the medical devices industry, supply chain analysis, and COVID-19 implications on the progress of this market
- Identification of the market areas that are expected to experience the highest growth in demand
- Market outlook for microspheres demand in five segments composites, personal care, life sciences, medicine and medical devices, and other specialty industries
- Description of different types of microspheres, including glass, ceramic and polymer, with respect to the chemical compositions and unique material properties that make them suitable for specific industries and applications
- Review of price trends and the relationship between price, quality, end-use applications, and functionality in the microsphere industry
- Assessment of the intellectual property (IP) related to microspheres and categorizes leaders in each field that are developing new applications for microspheres
- Insight into recent industry structure, current competitive scenario, R&D activities, major growth strategies, and company value share analysis based on their segmental revenues
- Descriptive company profiles of the leading global players, including 3M Co., BASF, Bio-Rad Laboratories, DuPont, Evonik Industries, Merck KGaA, Terumo Corp., and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.