The airborne LiDAR system market has witnessed a high growth rate owing to significant demand for airborne imaging systems across the globe, owing to the technical superiority of LiDARs as compared to conventional sensors, such as radar and camera, and rise in the demand for miniaturized Micro-Elector Mechanical Systems (MEMS) sensors. The recent innovations in LiDAR equipment and services enable the airborne LiDAR technology to reach a wider segment of consumers in the industry. The companies are developing relatively low-cost, compact, and lightweight airborne LiDAR systems, which facilitate the enhanced remote sensing services as compared to the traditional technologies. This, in effect, is expected to increase competition soon as well as facilitate the utilization of airborne LiDAR system for varied applications, including forestry management and planning, flood modelling, pollution modelling, mapping and cartography, urban planning, coastline management, and transport planning, among others. Utilization of LiDARs for capturing rail data, emerging applications of LiDAR sensor, and innovations in LiDAR technology are the major factors which are expected to create lucrative opportunities for the market players in the next five years. The market is filled with advancements in airborne LiDAR system for ground navigation and traffic management. The airborne mapping industry is currently witnessing rapid growth in the deployment of airborne LiDAR systems for earth science and forestry applications. Upcoming airborne mapping technologies, combined with LiDARs, are displacing traditional methods of controlling and monitoring in ground mapping services. The major focus of the airborne mapping industry is to make the systems and services more affordable and consequently more accessible to a broad range of end users. In terms of revenue, the airborne LiDAR system market generated $732.4 million in the year 2016, including systems and services.
Following points provide a concrete description of the report content and the topics covered in the report:
- What was the size, in terms of revenue and volume, of the airborne LiDAR system market in 2016, and what will be the growth rate during the forecast period, 2017-2021?
- What is the market size of systems and services market, wherein systems included hardware and software?
- What was the market value of different platforms deploying airborne LiDAR systems in 2016? What are the technological advancements and opportunities for the stakeholders across different platforms?
- What is the market size of airborne LiDAR system based on different end users, including aerospace & defense, earth science & research, civil engineering, forestry & agriculture, mining industry, and ground transportation & logistics?
- What is the market size of airborne LiDAR system based on different geographical regions and respective leading nations? Furthermore, what is the market size of systems and services market in these regions?
- What are the key trends and opportunities in the airborne LiDAR system market, across different regions and respective countries?
- What are the major driving forces that are expected to increase the demand of airborne LiDAR system during the forecast period?
- What are the major challenges inhibiting the growth of the global airborne LiDAR system market?
- What kind of new strategies are being adopted by the existing market players to make a mark in the industry?
- What is the competitive strength of the key players in the airborne LiDAR system market by analyzing through competitive benchmarking model?
- Who are the key players operating in the market, along with their business financials, company snapshots, key products & services, major developments, SWOT analysis and future programs?