“The global colposcopy market projected to grow at a CAGR of 6.8% during the forecast period”
The colposcopy market is expected to reach USD 740.1 million by 2023 from USD 532.6 million in 2018, at a CAGR of 6.8%. Market growth can largely be attributed to factors such as the heavy burden of cervical cancer, rapidly growing geriatric population, and the technological advancements in colposcopy. On the other hand, the availability of alternative methods is expected to limit market growth during the forecast period. The lack of skilled clinical professionals may also challenge market growth to a certain extent.
“Digital colposcopes are estimated to grow at the highest CAGR of during the forecast period”
The market is segmented on the basis of instrument type into optical colposcopes and digital colposcopes. Digital colposcopes segment is expected to account for the largest CAGR of the global Colposcopy market in 2018. The increasing adoption of digital colposcopes is attributed to the advanced features it offers such as data management, high-quality images, and improved capability for cervical cancer screening.
“The cervical cancer screening segment is expected to account for the largest share of the global colposcopy market, by application”
The cervical cancer diagnosis segment is expected to account for the largest share of the market in 2018 and is also expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The overall market growth of this segment can largely be attributed to the increasing number of screening procedures carried out for cervical cancer and the subsequent increase in the usage of colposcopy for these procedures.
“Asia is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR during the study period”
Geographically, the Colposcopy market is expected to be dominated by North America, followed by Europe in 2018. However, Asia is estimated to grow at the fastest rate during the forecast period due to increasing cases of cervical cancer in the region, increasing demand for cervical cancer screening, and rising healthcare expenditure in Asian countries.
The primary interviews conducted for this report can be categorized as follows:
- By Company Type: Tier 1–43%, Tier 2–35%, Tier 3–22%
- By Designation: C level–62%, Director level–21%, Others–17%
- By Region: North America–32%, Europe–27%, Asia–22%, Rest of World –19%
The key players in the colposcopy market include DySIS (US), CooperSurgical (US), Atmos (Germany), Olympus (Japan), Karl Kaps (Germany), McKesson (US), Danaher (US), and Carl Zeiss (Germany).
The report analyses the colposcopy market by instrument type, instrument portability, application, end user, and region. Apart from a comprehensive geographic product analysis and market sizing, the report also provides a competitive landscape that covers growth strategies adopted by industry players over the last three years. In addition, the company profiles include the product portfolios, developments, and strategies adopted by prominent market players to maintain and increase their shares in the market. Market research data, current market size, and forecast of future trends will help both, key players as well as new entrants, to make the necessary decisions regarding product offerings, geographic focus, change in strategic approach, and levels of output to remain successful.
Key Benefits of Buying the Report:
This report will enable both established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market, which in turn will help firms garner greater market shares. Firms purchasing the report can use one or a combination of the below mentioned five strategies to strengthen their market shares.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on the product portfolios of the top players in the colposcopy market.
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming technologies, R&D activities, and product launches in the colposcopy market.
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of the market strategies, geographic and business segments, and product portfolios of leading players in the colposcopy market.
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about emerging markets. This report analyzes the market for various products and services across geographies.
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the colposcopy market.