The content of this report will be updated with the latest scenarios based on the global COVID-19 Pandemic
3D Systems is the market leader in the 3D printing technology cycle. Growth has been disappointing so far, but we believe this sector is likely to take off within the next two years. Akamai is the world’s largest content delivery network. As video traffic grows, Akamai should theoretically benefit. But competition is rising and prices are falling. Whereas Apple, Google and Facebook were happy to rely on Akamai in the past, they are now building their own CDNs, as are many telcos.
Long term we see Apple as a market leader, but on a 12 month basis, we see more downside than upside. Apple is thematically strong in several upcoming tech cycles such as mobile payments, mobile commerce, Internet TV, wearable tech, the automated home, the connected car, music streaming, the app economy and artificial intelligence.
In this report, we will look at our top 100 market leaders and vulnerable companies in the technology, media and telecom (TMT) sectors that are based on our unique thematic approach.
- This report is part of our ecosystem of thematic investment research reports, supported by our “thematic engine”.
- About our Thematic Research Ecosystem
- GlobalData has developed a unique thematic methodology for valuing technology, media and telecom companies based on their relative strength in the big investment themes that are impacting their industry. Whilst most investment research is underpinned by backwards looking company valuation models, GlobalData’s thematic methodology identifies which companies are best placed to succeed in a future filled with multiple disruptive threats. To do this, GlobalData tracks the performance of the top 600 technology, media and telecom stocks against the 50 most important themes driving their earnings, generating 30,000 thematic scores. The algorithms in GlobalData’s “thematic engine” help to clearly identify the winners and losers within the TMT sector. Our 600 TMT stocks are categorised into 18 sectors. Each sector scorecard has a thematic screen, a risk screen and a valuation screen. Our thematic research ecosystem has a three-tiered reporting structure: single theme, multi-theme and sector scorecard. This report is a Multi-Theme report, covering all stocks, all sectors and all themes, giving readers a strong sense of how everything fits together and how conflicting themes might interact with one another.
Reasons To Buy
- Our thematic investment research product, supported by our thematic engine, is aimed at senior (C-Suite) executives in the corporate world as well as institutional investors.
- Corporations: Helps CEOs in all industries understand the disruptive threats to their competitive landscape
- Investors: Helps fund managers focus their time on the most interesting investment opportunities in global TMT.
- Our unique differentiator, compared to all our rival thematic research houses, is that our thematic engine has a proven track record of predicting winners and losers.