Stem cells are primitive cells found in all multi-cellular organisms that are characterized by self-renewal and the capacity to differentiate into mature cell types. Several broad categories of stem cells exist, including:
- Embryonic stem cells, derived from blastocysts
- Perinatal stem cells, obtained during the period immediately before and after birth
- Adult stem cells, found in adult tissues
- Induced pluripotent stem cells (iPS cells), produced by genetically reprogramming adults cells
- Cancer stem cells, which give rise to clonal populations of cells that form tumors or disperse in the body
Rapid Technological Innovation
As a result of this technological innovation, the stem cell industry is undergoing rapid change. As of July 2017, a search for stem cells yields the following results:
- 5,932 Clinical Trials — Search conducted via ClinicalTrials.gov, a global registry of clinical trials that contains approximately 3/4th of trials worldwide, using the terms “stem cell” or “stem cells”
- 45,283 Patents — Search performed using the United State Patent and Trademark Office website, USPTO.gov, using the terms “stem cell” or “stem cells”
- 296,399 Scientific Papers — Search performed on PubMed.gov, a global database of scientific publications maintained by the NIH, using the terms “stem cell” or “stem cells”
- Google Trends identifies that stem cell terms are widely searched in countries worldwide, led by by Singapore, China, UK, USA, and Australia — Google Trends is a service of Google Inc. that identifies how frequently a particular search term is entered relative to total search volume worldwide
Interviews with Stem Cell Industry Executives
Founded in 2006, BioInformant is the first and only market research firm to specialize in the stem cell industry. BioInformant is distinctively suited to tracking the stem cell marketplace, because it has been following the industry for a full decade (2006 to present). This rare attribute provides it with a robust 10-year database of historical information on which to base market predictions. BioInformant research has been cited by the Wall Street Journal, Xconomy, and Vogue Magazine.
For the past decade, BioInformant has been interviewing stem cell industry executives, but this global strategic report represents the first time we have released them in entirety.
BioInformant is honored to launch this 166 page global strategic report featuring dozens of interviews with stem cell industry executives from leading companies worldwide, including the CEO of CDI (Kaz Hirao), CEO of Gamida Cell (Dr Yael Margolin), President and Co-CEO of Pluristem Therapeutics (Yaky Yanay), and many more.
Within this global strategic report, leading stem cell executives discuss their product development strategies, intellectual property (IP) acquisition plans, manufacturing technologies, strategic collaborations, and much more. If you are competing within the stem cell industry, these insider insights are critical to staying at the forefront of an industry characterized by rapid innovation.