"Cigarettes in Libya, 2017", is an analytical report by Globaldata that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the market. The report offers Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis, and our in-house expertise.
Despite cigarettes consumption has steadily increased in recent years, reaching 8.3 billion pieces in 2016, 132.2% above its levels in 1990, 80% of the market is believed to be made up of contraband cigarettes. Cigarettes production is considered to have dropped to negligible levels between in 2016, with imports flooding the market. Imports of international brands are primarily driven by PMI, BAT, and JTI, which have all increased their presence in recent years. Market volumes are tentatively forecast to increase to 9.75 billion pieces by 2025, which represents an increase of 25.8% over 2015 levels. Per capita consumption levels are expected to grow more slowly, to reach 1,323pieces/year by 2025, which is an increase of 9.4% from 2015 levels.
- Per capita consumption stands at 1,277 pieces in 2016, 45.6% above 1990 levels.
- Cigarettes production is considered to have dropped to negligible levels between in 2016, with imports of international brands (primarly PMI, BAT, and JTI) flooding the market.
- Per capita consumption levels are expected to grow more slowly, to reach 1,323pieces/year by 2025, which is an increase of 9.4% from 2015 levels.
- Imports are likely to remain well above the requirements of the internal market, unless border controls are strengthened or local production is re-established.
Reasons To Buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.