The study also evaluates the role of the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) and the opportunities that will be available for automation suppliers. In all such forecasts, the study considers the current economic and political factors, as these are important to assess investment and incentive plans. There is also a section that discusses the opportunities, considering that cyber security, cloud computing, and other digitization efforts are likely to heavily influence automation in the long run and what suppliers should consider in order to realize the benefits.
With Malaysia being considered as a major automation and process control hub in Southeast Asia, the opportunities are immense for major suppliers of automation and related systems. However, this requires a clear understanding of the economic policies of Malaysia, as the country has identified areas that offer incentives for investors. As mentioned, new technologies are proving to be a driver for investment in a country that has been challenged by fluctuating oil prices. Overall, buyers of this study will be able to understand the scenario in Malaysia with respect to major end user trends.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- What is the size of the automation and control market in Malaysia and what factors will impact (both positively and negatively) the market in the future?
- Which are the major market participants and what is the competitive scenario like currently?
- What initiatives are being taken to improve the manufacturing industry and how will it help automation systems suppliers?
- Which are the major end users of automation and control systems in Malaysia?
- What are the prevailing trends in the automation and control market with the IIoT becoming important in the manufacturing landscape?
- What trends should suppliers of automation and process control systems take note of and what action should they take to benefit under the current circumstances?