Technologies and trends including engine downsizing and rightsizing, direct injection, turbocharging, and aftertreatment systems are examined. Shifts in acceptance of diesel engines and hybrid, battery electric, and fuel cell powertrains are discussed. Significant vehicle, engine, and transmission launches are detailed.
Key questions this study will answer:
- What are the overall growth trends for vehicles of various fuel types?
- Have the sales diesel cars taken a hit?
- What are the implications of the new emission and testing regulations on the growth of diesel engine technologies?
- What are the current e-mobility trends? What factors are working for and against its growth and what are they developments to expect in the coming years?
- What are the technology trends to look for in the industry as it moves towards stronger emission regulations?
- What powertrain strategies are being adopted by different OEMs in order to comply with upcoming emission and fuel economy standards?
- What are the latest technologies that will help to optimize internal combustion engines to meet fuel efficiency standards?
- The study concludes with strategic recommendations for market participants on new testing procedures, diesel investments, alternative propulsion technologies, and market focus.