“Increasing volume of data content over the cloud is expected to drive the market”
MarketsandMarkets forecasts the global cloud Content Delivery Network (CDN) market to expand from USD 1.81 billion in 2016 to USD 6.23 billion by 2021, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 28.0%. The market is escalating rapidly owing to rising digitization trend and the surplus volume of video content available over the cloud. Continuous monetization of websites and apps is one of the major factors hindering the market growth.
“Media delivery core solution is expected to hold the largest market share during the forecast period”
The cloud CDN core solution market has been segmented into web performance optimization, media delivery, and cloud security. The media delivery solution is growing majorly due to the rising demand for cost-effective and augmented content delivery in a reliable way for the end-users.
“Asia-Pacific (APAC) is expected to forecast potential growth characteristics and is expected to grow at the highest CAGR “
APAC offers prospective growth opportunities. The major factors affecting the growth in the APAC region include the increasing consumption of cloud services, proliferation of mobile & smartphone devices, growing internet penetration, and high consumption of video over portable devices.
In the process of determining and verifying the market size for several segments and subsegments gathered through secondary research, extensive primary interviews were conducted with key people. Break-up of profile of primary participants is as follows:
Breakup of Primary Interviews:
- By Company type – Tier 1- 30%, Tier 2- 40%, Tier 3- 30%
- By Designation – C-Level- 72%, Director Level- 14% Others- 14%
- By Region – North America- 57%, Europe- 14%, APAC- 29%
The report includes prominent players such as Akamai Technologies, Inc. (Cambridge, U.S.), Google, Inc. (California, U.S.), Level 3 Communications (Colorado, U.S.), Limelight Networks, Inc. (Arizona, U.S.), Alcatel – Lucent SA (France), Amazon Web Services, Inc. (Washington, U.S.), Internap Corporation (Georgia, U.S.), Ericsson (Sweden), Verizon Communications, Inc. (New York, U.S.), CDNetworks (Seoul, Korea), Tata Communications (Mumbai and Singapore), and Highwinds (Florida, U.S.). The key innovators identified are Cedexis (U.S.), Incapsula, Inc. (California, U.S.), Fastly, Inc. (U.S.), CacheFly (Chicago, U.S.), MaxCDN (U.S.), CloudFlare, Inc. (U.S.), and Conviva (California, U.S.)
The market is segmented by type, core solution, adjacent services, organization size, and vertical. The type segment includes standard/non-video CDN and video CDN. Core solution segment comprises web performance optimization, media delivery, and cloud security. The regional analysis includes the study of North America, Europe, APAC, Middle East & Africa (MEA), and Latin America.
Reasons To Buy the report
The report will help the market leaders or new entrants in the following ways:
- This report segments the market into various segments, covering this market comprehensively. The report provides the closest approximations of the revenue numbers for the overall market and the segments.
- This report will help in the better understanding of the competitors and there is a separate section on competitive landscape, including mergers & acquisitions, integrations & expansions, and partnerships among market vendors.
- The report helps in understanding the overall growth of the market and key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.