The geographic scope is global. The RNA-Seq market is complex, consisting of a number of different segments. The market segments are: RNA-Seq instruments; RNA-Seq tools and reagents; RNA-Seq data analysis and RNA-Seq services. Each segment is affected differently by technological and regulatory developments. This report identifies the main factors affecting each segment and forecasts market growth, future trends and product development in every major market segment. Market forecasts are given for the years 2015, 2016 and 2020.
The report is organized by presenting the core segment (sequencing instruments) first, followed by its derivative segments (tools and reagents, data analysis, services). The development of sequencing instruments is vital for RNA-Seq development; thus sequencing instruments segment is classified as the core segment. However, it does not suggest that the derivative segments are not important. In fact, the RNA-Seq instruments segment is neither the biggest nor the fastest growing among the four segments. The instruments segment, however, provides the infrastructure for the health and growth of the RNA-Seq market as a whole.
The global RNA-Sequencing market should reach nearly $2.1 billion in 2020, from over $1.0 billion in 2015 registering a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 14.9%.
This report provides:
- An overview of the global markets for RNA sequencing and related technologies.
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2015, estimates for 2016, and projections of CAGRs through 2020.
- Analysis of RNA sequencing clinical application initiatives.
- Evaluation of collaboration and merger and acquisition activity.
- A look at the regulatory environment and its effect on the market.
- Analyses of the market's dynamics, specifically growth drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
- Identification of patents with the potential to make an impact in the RNA sequencing industry.
- Profiles of major players in the industry.