Friday 4 January 2019, Amsterdam
The global launch system payload market is expected to reach $23.53 billion
by 2028, according to a new market intelligence report, titled Global Launch System Payload Market, Analysis & Forecast, 2018 - 2028, . Launch vehicles are an essential part of the space economy, as these play a crucial role in delivering payloads (cargo, passengers, spacecraft, or any other equipment that needs to be carried to space) into the Earth’s orbit. Many of the launch vehicles built at the beginning of The Space Age (i.e., the 1950s) were government-led projects specifically. Only in the early 2010s, did the private players started emerging in the field of space technology. The private sector, in fact, started developing launch-vehicles and offered space launch-services for commercial as well as government end users.
The global launch system payload market was significantly driven by the increased demand for small satellites by the commercial end user. The growing number of satellite constellations has further increased the demand for dedicated launch services, particularly for small satellites. Additionally, there has been an increase in investments for the development of next-generation launch vehicle technology, which could probably lower down the cost of satellite launches. These factors are likely to fuel the growth for global launch system payload market.
The key manufacturers of launch system payload market are indulging in partnerships, contracts, and joint ventures to develop innovative solutions to launch vehicles. According to BIS Research Analysis, the global launch system payload market was estimated at $7.37 billion in 2017.
With the increasing opportunities around launch system payload, companies operating in space industry are compelled to come up with collaborative strategies to expand their business. Moreover, extensive R&D activities and appropriate regulatory environment are also prerequisites for the sustained growth of the market. Arianespace, Blue Origin, EUROCKOT Launch Services GmbH, China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation, International Launch Services, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems, Rocket Lab USA, Inc., Space Exploration Technologies Corp. (SpaceX), United Launch Alliance, Virgin Orbit, and Vector Launch are some of the companies in launch system payload market.
The global launch system payload market is segmented into different satellite classes: 1-500 Kg, 501-2,000 Kg, 2,001-5,000, 5,001-10,001 Kg and greater than 10,000 Kg. The 1-500 Kg satellite class dominated the global launch system payload market (in terms of number of satellite launches) in 2017. The increasing number of satellite constellations due to the growing need for data connectivity across the globe is the reason behind 1-500 Kg class satellite having the largest share in the market. During the forecast period, the 1-500 Kg class of satellites is expected to grow at a faster rate in comparison to the other class of satellites.
The global launch system payload market is developing significantly, and much of this growth is attributed to a growing number of satellite constellations, which has further increased the demand for dedicated launch services, particularly for small satellites. Additionally, there has been an increase in investments for the development of next-generation launch vehicle technology, which could probably lower down the cost of satellite launches, says Sudheer Uniyal, Lead Analyst at BIS Research.
The market report provides a detailed analysis of the recent trends influencing the market, along with a comprehensive study of future trends and developments. It also includes a competitive analysis of the leading players in the industry, including a corporate overview, financials, financial summary, and SWOT (Strength, Weakness, Opportunities and Threats) analysis. The overall market has been segmented by class, namely: 1-500 Kg, 501-2,000 Kg, 2,001-5,000, 5,001-10,001 Kg and greater than 10,000 Kg. Another segmentation has been done based on the range on the orbit that the payloads are assigned to be delivered on, namely: Geosynchronous Earth Orbit, Medium Earth Orbit and Low Earth Orbit. The report also includes a comprehensive section on the regional analysis including country-wise analysis for more than six countries.
This report is a meticulous compilation of research on more than 50 players in the launch system payload ecosystem and draws upon insights from in-depth interviews with key leaders of more than 10 leading companies, market participants, and vendors. The report also profiles around 15 companies, namely Arianespace, Blue Origin, EUROCKOT Launch Services GmbH, International Launch Services, Interorbital Systems, ISC Kosmotras, Rocket Lab USA, Inc., Space Exploration Technologies Corp. (SpaceX), Spacefleet Ltd., United Launch Alliance, Virgin Orbit, Vector Launch, China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation, Lockheed Martin Corporation, Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, and Northrop Grumman.
Key questions answered in the report:
- What are the major market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global launch system payload market and their case studies?
- How is the launch system payload market evolving, and what is its scope in the future?
- What was the total revenue generated in the global launch system payload market in 2017, what will be the estimated revenue for the market in 2018, and what is the forecast for the revenue by 2028?
- How will each segment of the global launch system payload market grow during the forecast period, and what will be the revenue generated by each of the segments by the end of 2028?
- What was the total revenue generated in the launch system payload market segmented by the end user (commercial, academic, military and government) in 2017, and what will be the estimates in 2017 and forecast till 2028?
- Which launch system payload end user (commercial, academic, military and government) will dominate the market in the coming years?
- What was the total revenue generated in the launch system payload market (by satellite class) in 2017, and what will be the estimated revenue in 2017 and the forecast for the revenue by 2028?
- How will the industry evolve during the forecast period from 2017 to 2028?
- What are the key developmental strategies implemented by the key players to stand out in this market?
- What will be the growth rate of different segments during the forecast period?
- How has the market been segmented on the basis of the end user, satellite class and orbit?
- Which region will dominate the global launch system payload market?
- What is the competitive strength of the key players in the global launch system payload market?
- Who are the key players in the market, along with the detailed analysis and profiles (including their financials, company snapshots, key products & services, and SWOT analysis)?