Wednesday 5 December 2018, Amsterdam
According to a new market intelligence report, titled “Global Vaccine Market - Analysis and Forecast, 2018-2028”, the global vaccine market was estimated at $33.57 billion
in 2017 and is expected to grow over $103.57 billion
by 2028. The global vaccine market is expected to grow at an impressive double-digit compound annual growth rate between the years 2018 and 2028, aided by the impressive growth in the next-generation vaccine market.
Growing incidence of infectious diseases and cancer is a major factor provoking the development of novel vaccines and faster product approvals from the regulatory bodies. According to the World Health Organization (WHO) in 2017, vaccines help in preventing two to three million deaths every year. Moreover, according to WHO estimates, in 2017, 85% infants (116.2 million
) received completed three doses of DTP vaccines globally, which provided protection against serious illness and fatal conditions. Also, the global economic burden of cancer was valued $1.6 trillion
in 2010. According to the recent statistics published by the International Agency for Cancer Research, approximately 14.1 million
new cancer cases were detected, and 8.2 million
cancer deaths were reported in 2012. The predominant factor resulting in the significant number of cancer deaths is the lack of medical procedures for enabling continuous monitoring of patients’ response toward the treatment and procedures and for enabling the early detection of cancer. The search for novel vaccines which enable early treatment and prevention has resulted in the evolution of DNA vaccines and recombinant viral vectors. Next-generation vaccine is a novel technology with a promising potential to aid in combating cancer and target-based diseases.
According to Pushplata Patel, “North America is the leading contributor to the global vaccine market and contributed approximately 35% of the global market values in 2017. However, the Asia-Pacific region is expected to grow at an impressive 12.07% CAGR in the forecast period from 2018 to 2028.”
- Cancer, a global pandemic, is one of the leading causes of deaths worldwide. According to the American Cancer Society 1 in 8 deaths worldwide are caused by cancer.
- The global vaccine market has been witnessing a stable promising annual growth rate of 11.02% from the past three years. Growing prominence for novel vaccines against rare diseases, substantial investments made in the field of personalized vaccines, and growing focus on DNA and cancer vaccines, are the leading factors propelling the growth of the global vaccine market.
- The global vaccine market is currently dominated by various American and European players such as Pfizer, Inc., Merck & Co., Inc., GlaxoSmithKline plc, AstraZeneca plc, Sanofi Pasteur S.A., and Bavarian Nordic A/S, among others.
- Merck & Co. is currently the largest shareholder in the market. The company was estimated to hold a share of 23.59% in the global vaccine market in 2017.
- Currently the global vaccine market is dominated by subunit and conjugate vaccine in the vaccine type segment. In 2017, the contribution subunit and conjugate type in global vaccine market was valued 38.55% of the total global vaccine market revenue.
This market intelligence report provides a multidimensional view of the global vaccine market in terms of market size and growth potential. This research report aims at answering various aspects of the global vaccine market with the help of key factors driving the market, threats that can possibly inhibit the overall market growth, and the current growth opportunities that are going to shape the future trajectory of the market expansion.
Furthermore, the competitive landscape chapter in the report explicates the competitive nature of the global market and enables the reader to get acquainted with the recent market activities, such as product launches and approvals, partnerships, collaborations, business expansions, as well as mergers and acquisitions, among others. The research report provides a comprehensive analysis of the product sales and manufacturers and trend analysis by segments.
This report is a meticulous compilation of research on more than 50 players in the market ecosystem and draws upon insights from in-depth interviews with key opinion leaders of more than 15 leading companies, market participants, and vendors. The report also comprises 18 detailed company profiles including several key players, such as Pfizer, Inc., Merck & Co., Inc., Emergent Biosolutions Inc., Abbott Laboratories, VBI Vaccines Inc., Madison Vaccines, Vical Inc., Inovio Pharmaceuticals Inc., GlaxoSmithKline plc, CSL Limited, AstraZeneca plc, LG Chem Ltd., Daiichi Sankyo Company, Limited, Sanofi S.A., Valneva SE, Bavarian Nordic, Sinovac Biotech Ltd., and Janssen Pharmaceutica NV, among others.
Key questions answered in the report:
- What are the major market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global vaccine market?
- What are the underlying structures resulting in the emerging trends within the vaccine industry?
- What were the market values of the leading segments and sub-segments of the global vaccine market in 2017?
- How will each segment of the global vaccine market grow during the forecast period, and what will be the revenue generated by each of the segments by the end of 2028?
- What are the influencing factors that may affect the market share of the key players?
- How will the industry evolve during the forecast period 2018-2028?
- What are the key developmental strategies which are implemented by the key players to sustain in the competitive market?
- What are the key vaccine type in the global vaccine market? What are the major benefits of each type?
- How has the market been segmented on the basis of disease type? Which disease type is dominating the global vaccine market, and what is the reason behind its domination?
- What are the market shares of each of the companies in the global vaccine market, and what are their contribution?
- Who are the key manufacturers in the global vaccine market, and what are their contributions?
- What is the scope of each vaccine type, route of administration, and disease type in North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa?
- What are the key regulatory implications in developed and developing regions for vaccines?
- What is the growth potential of vaccine in each region, including North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa?
- Which vaccine type is having most promising growth and in which disease type?
ASDReports.com Media contact: S. Koopman -
Marketing and Communications
ASDReports.com / ASDMedia BV - Veemkade 356 - 1019HD Amsterdam - The Netherlands
P : +31(0)20 486 1286 - F : +31(0)20 486 0216 - E : email@example.com
back to News