Monday 9 April 2018, Amsterdam
According to a new market intelligence report, now available on ASDReports, titled "Global UAV Sense and Avoid Systems Market, Analysis & Forecast, 2017 - 2022", the UAV sense and avoid systems market is expected to reach $3,654.3 million by 2022. The sense and avoid systems are used in UAVs to make them capable enough to detect any obstacle in their path and avoid it during their flight to save them from damage. Based on their technology, these systems are categorized as cooperative technology and non-cooperative technology. The cooperative technology include Traffic Alert and Collision Avoidance System (T-CAS) and Automatic Dependence Surveillance Broadcast (ADS-B) transponder. The non-cooperative technology include active sensors and passive sensors. The active sensors are Radar, LiDAR, and Sonar/Ultrasonic Sensors, whereas the passive sensors are EO/IR camera and others.
The global UAV sense and avoid systems market is driven by several factors such as increased adoption across commercial and non-commercial applications, rules and regulations imposed by governments of various countries for the safety of UAVs. Furthermore, increasing technological advancements to build fully autonomous drones and demand of sense and avoid technologies for swarm drones are expected to create viable opportunities in the UAV sense and avoid system market.
The key manufacturers of cameras used in drones are indulging in collaborations and launching new cost-effective sense and avoid systems for drones. According to BIS Research Analysis, the global UAV sense and avoid systems market was $508.7 million in 2016.
The technological advancement in sense and avoid systems and the increase in the demand of UAVs across commercial and non-commercial applications have pushed the manufacturers to develop cost-effective and feature rich sense and avoid systems for UAVs. Aerialtronics, BAE Systems, Echodyne Corp., General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc., Harris Corporation, Honeywell International Inc., IMSAR LLC, Intel Corporation, Leonardo-Finmeccanica Spa, Panoptes Systems Corporation, and Precision Hawk etc. are some of the leading manufacturers that develop sense and avoid systems.
Sense and avoid systems are categorized on the basis of technology such as cooperative and non-cooperative. Moreover, on the basis of applications, the market is categorized into commercial and non-commercial applications. Commercial applications include inspection, delivery, first responder, and aerial imaging, among others. Commercial applications are expected to account for the highest revenue during the forecast period. In the commercial application, the market for inspection and aerial imaging is expected to dominate. At the same time, market share of non-commercial application is anticipated to increase considerably during the forecast period.
According to Gaurav Shukla, analyst at BIS Research, “The usage of sense and avoid systems in the UAVs has witnessed an increase in the recent past. The government across the globe are working on the formulating regulations for UAVs to be used in beyond visual line of sight (BVLOS) operations, which will make it mandatory for UAVs to have advance sense and avoid system. This is expected to increase the demand of sense and avoid systems used for UAVs during the forecast period”
The market report provides a detailed analysis of the recent trends influencing the market, along with a comprehensive study of the future trends and developments. It also includes a competitive analysis of the leading players in the industry, including corporate overview, financials, financial summary and SWOT analysis. The overall market has been segmented by technology, namely: Cooperative and Non-Cooperative. Another segmentation has been done based on application namely: Commercial and Non-Commercial. The report also includes a comprehensive section on the geographical analysis including country analysis for more than 11 different countries.
This report is a meticulous compilation of research on more than 50 players in the drone ecosystem and draws upon insights from in-depth interviews with the key opinion leaders of more than 10 leading companies, market participants and vendors. The report also profiles around 15 companies which include Aerialtronics, BAE Systems, Echodyne Corp., FLARM Technology Ltd., General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc., Harris Corporation, Honeywell International Inc., IMSAR LLC, Intel Corporation, Leonardo-Finmeccanica Spa, Panoptes Systems Corporation, Precision Hawk, and uAvionix. Some other key players studied in the report include, Iris Automation, Inc., Hawk Aerospace, Vigilant Aerospace Systems, Aerotenna, Qelzal, Skydio Inc., Airware, Integrated Robotics Imaging Systems Ltd, SkySpecs Inc., Agile Sensor Technologies Inc., EMT Penzberg, YellowScan, Fortem Technologies, Inc., InVisage Technologies, and Terabee.
Key questions answered in the report:
• What are the major market drivers, challenges and opportunities in the global UAV sense and avoid systems market?
• How the UAV sense and avoid systems market is evolving and what is its scope in the future?
• What was the total revenue and unit shipment generated in the global UAV sense and avoid systems market in 2016, and what were the estimates in 2017 and what is the forecast till 2022?
• What was the market share of the leading segments in the global UAV sense and avoid systems market in 2016 and what will be the share in 2022?
• How will each segment of the global UAV sense and avoid systems market grow during the forecast period and what will be the revenue generated by each of the segments by the end of 2022?
• Which UAV sense and avoid system applications (commercial and non-commercial) will dominate the market in the coming years?
• Which sense and avoid technology (cooperative and non-cooperative technology) will dominate the market in the coming years?
• What was the total revenue generated in the UAV sense and avoid systems market by technology in 2016, and what were the estimates in 2017 and what is the forecast till 2022?
• What are the key developmental strategies implemented by the key players to stand out in this market?
• Which region (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and LAMEA) will dominate in the UAV sense and avoid systems market in the coming years?
• What is the competitive strength of the key players in the UAV sense and avoid systems market?
• Who are the key players in the market, along with their detailed analysis & profiles (including their financials, company snapshots, key products & services, and SWOT analysis)