The pressure sensitive adhesives market is projected to grow from USD 13.2 billion in 2022 to USD 16.9 billion by 2027, at a CAGR of 5.1% between 2022 and 2027. Silicone PSA is the fastest-growing chemistry segment in terms of volume and value due to the increasing demand for high-grade PSAs required for the aerospace and automotive industries.
“ Acrylic is estimated to be the largest chemistry segment of the pressure sensitive adhesives market.”
Acrylic resin in pressure sensitive adhesives held the largest market share in 2021 in terms of value. Acrylic PSA is the largest segment, by chemistry, in terms of both value and volume. These PSAs find applications in labels, graphics, and tapes. They are widely used in packaging, automotive, medical, and other end-use industries. Acrylic PSAs are highly preferred in these industries due to their long shelf-life, environmental resistance, moderate cost, and excellent physical properties, such as resistance to UV radiation, chemicals, and humidity; good tack and peel adhesion; high cohesion and curability; thermal stability; and good shear properties.
“Asia Pacific is the forecasted to be the fastest-growing pressure sensitive adhesives market during the forecast period.”
Asia Pacific is the largest market for pressure sensitive adhesives, and this dominance is expected to continue during the forecast period. The Asia Pacific has been the most favorable destination for manufacturers of PSA, even during the global economic slowdown. Environmental and health & safety factors drive the use of PSAs in the electronics, packaging, construction, automotive, and other industries in the region. Water-based, radiation, and hot-melt are environmentally-friendly adhesives and are expected to gradually replace high-VOC solvent-based PSAs in the future, thus propelling the market growth in this region.
Breakdown of Primary Interviews:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 – 18%, Tier 2 – 36%, and Tier 3 – 46%
- By Designation: C Level – 18%, D Level – 27%, and Others – 55%
- By Region: Asia Pacific – 55%, North America – 18%, Europe – 9%, South America- 9%, and the Middle East & Africa – 9%
The key companies profiled in this report are Henkel AG & Co. KGaA (Germany), The Dow Chemical Company (US), Avery Dennison Corporation (US), H.B. Fuller Company (US), and 3M (US).
The pressure sensitive adhesives market has been segmented based on by Chemistry (Acrylic PSA, Rubber PSA, Silicone PSA, and Other PSA), by Technology (Water-based PSA, Solvent-based PSA, Hot-melt PSA, and Radiation PSA), by Application (Tapes, Labels, Graphics, and Other Applications), By End-use Industry (Packaging; Electrical, Electronics, and Telecommunication; Automotive & Transportation, Building & Construction, Medical & Healthcare, and Other Industries), and by Region (Asia Pacific, North America, Europe, South America, and Middle East & Africa).
Reasons To Buy the Report
From an insight perspective, this research report focuses on various levels of analyses ? industry analysis (industry trends), market ranking analysis of top players, and company profiles, which together comprise and discuss the basic views on the competitive landscape; emerging and high-growth segments of the market; high growth regions; and market drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on pressure sensitive adhesives offered by top players in the market
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming technologies, research & development activities, and new product launches in the market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets – the report analyzes the market for pressure sensitive adhesives across regions
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of leading players in the market.