Internet Access Market Summary, Competitive Analysis and Forecast, 2017-2026 (Global Almanac)
Global Internet Access industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2017-21, and forecast to 2026). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
- The internet access sector consists of the total Internet Service Revenue charged for the provision of narrowband and broadband Internet connections through both consumer and corporate channels. All revenues calculated are retail revenues exclusive of taxes. Only fixed communication is included; mobile connections are not considered.
- Digital subscriber lines (xDSL) refer collectively to all types of digital subscriber lines, including ADSL and SDSL, HDSL and so on.
- Cable segment includes systems using coaxial cable and successive technologies (e.g., HFC) in transporting television broadcast, Internet and voice in the access network. Coaxial cable can achieve bandwidth speeds faster than 750 Mbps, but analog TV pictures require some 8 Mbps of bandwidth, and transmission of Internet and voice signals takes place at much lower rates.
- Fixed Wireless Access category refers to local access via fixed wireless links.
- Fiber Optic (FTTH/B) segment covers fiber to the home as well as fiber to the building connections.
- The Other segment includes access through ISDN, WiMAX and other access mediums, such as satellite and powerline.
- Market volumes represent total number of internet users.
- All market data and forecasts are represented in nominal terms (i.e., without adjustment for inflation) and all currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant 2021 annual average exchange rates.
- The global internet access market had total revenues of $486,275.2 million in 2021, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.1% between 2016 and 2021.
- Market volume increased with a CAGR of 6% between 2016 and 2021, to reach a total of 3,452.7 million internet users in 2021.
- The Chinese internet access market is the largest globally, accounting for over 47.0% the total market’s value in 2021. The US is the second largest market, accounting for 18.5% of its value in 2021.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the global internet access market
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global internet access market
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key internet access market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the global internet access market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons To Buy
- What was the size of the global internet access market by value in 2021?
- What will be the size of the global internet access market in 2026?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global internet access market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the global internet access market?