Air Freight Market Summary, Competitive Analysis and Forecast, 2017-2026 (Global Almanac)
Global Air Freight industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: sector size (value 2017-21, and forecast to 2026). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the sector.
- The air freight sector is defined as consisting of revenues generated from freight transportation by air.
- Units of volumes are measured in freight ton-kilometers (FTK). Air freight volumes, consisting of freight, express, and diplomatic bags, include both domestic and international freight which for the purposes of this report are counted at each flight stage.
- Value represents the revenue obtained by airline companies from freight transportation. All market data and forecasts are represented in nominal terms (i.e., without adjustment for inflation) and all currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant 2021 annual average exchange rates.
- The global air freight sector had total revenues of $117.3 billion in 2021, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.4% between 2016 and 2021.
- Sector production volume increased with a CAGR of 0.6% between 2016 and 2021, to reach a total of 189.3 billion freight ton-kilometers (FTK) in 2021.
- The sector recorded steep decline in 2020 of 21.5% largely due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The leading players in the region were forced to follow government restrictions in order to curtail the spread of the virus.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the global air freight sector
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global air freight sector
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key air freight sector players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the global air freight sector with five year forecasts
Reasons To Buy
- What was the size of the global air freight sector by value in 2021?
- What will be the size of the global air freight sector in 2026?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global air freight sector?
- How has the sector performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the global air freight sector?