Resistant Market is likely to reach USD 13 billion by 2025. The growing demand of convenience food from developed and developing economies and trending healthy lifestyle across the world are major contributors in driving the products market demand over the forecast period.
Some major findings of the resistant starch market report include:
- Demand for resistant starch is on rise across the globe due to their benefits such as improved insulin sensitivity, they are affective in lowering blood sugars and multiple benefits for digestions.
- The initiatives taken by government bodies such as EFSA, FDA and Canadian health regulatory authority to reduce the fiber intake gap among the people shall likely to drive product market demand in coming years.
- Increasing demand for convenience food in Latin American and Asia Pacific economies including Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, India and ASEAN countries is expected to provide lucrative opportunities to industry expansion.
- Increased interest of scientists, consumers, industry players and other stake holders in product due to its use as and dietary fibers and multiple health benefits likely to push R&D in coming years.
- Major players engaged in the industry are Cargill, Ingredion Incorporated, MGP Ingredients Inc, SunOpta Inc, Tate & Lyle, SunOpta Inc. and Roquette Freres.
- Companies are expanding their production capacity to increase the market share and attain significant advantage in face of tough competition.
Increased population and corresponding people?s income and hiked demand for bakery and conventional ready-made food in emerging economies of Asia Pacific and Latin America will likely drive resistant starch market demand over the forecast period. The rise of obesity, diabetes, and other lifestyle diseases has resulted in consumers becoming more health-conscious and spending a lot on nutritional products. Product has shown various benefits in metabolic health, they are effective in lowering blood sugars and multiple benefits for digestions. Owing to these benefits? product is likely to be consumed in end use applications.
Resistant starch allows food processors to improve the texture, processing characteristics and health benefits in a wide range of foods & beverages. Sufficient intake of dietary fiber is correlated with reduced risk for improved digestive health heart disease, type 2 diabetes, gastrointestinal disorders, hypertension, and obesity. This is highly associated with rising working women population, rapid urbanization and improved economic conditions around the world. As people are becoming more aware about the food intake, its quality and benefits, there is sharp rise in adoption of healthier lifestyle. Rising consumer spending on healthier, and convenient foods in most of the developing and developed countries shall create opportunities for product. However, according to some studies, isolated resistant starch has shown adverse effect on human health. Additionally, some studies suggest that consumption of in combination with other types of fermentable carbohydrate is much more effective.
Companies are making significant efforts in expanding production capacity and strategic acquisitions, mergers and partnerships. For instance, Cargill has created a range of specialty starches that also includes resistant starch, similarly Arcadia Biosciences is actively expanding its reach in starch market though development of range of resistant starch under its ?Promitor? brand.