Mobile Phones Market Summary, Competitive Analysis and Forecast, 2017-2026
Global Mobile Phones industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2017-21, and forecast to 2026). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
- The Mobile Phones market includes mobile phone service revenues and average minutes of use (MOU). Market values are made up of total mobile revenues containing revenues from mobile service providers and other members of the mobile service value-chain for the provision of mobile telephony services, excluding revenues from the sale of devices. Market volumes are made up of two segments: prepaid and postpaid, which consist of prepaid average monthly MOU and postpaid average monthly MOU. Minutes of use are made up from the average of voice minutes used in mobile subscriptions, including both incoming and outgoing calls, but not including M2M/IoT voice services.
- All market data and forecasts are represented in nominal terms (i.e. without adjustment for inflation) and all currency conversions used in the creation of this report have been calculated using constant 2021 annual average exchange rates.
- Forecast figures in this report have taken into account the estimated impact that the COVID-19 pandemic will have on the market, though the length of the pandemic and restrictions imposed by governments around the world is not certain, therefore the impact on the market is difficult to predict.
- The global mobile phones market had total revenues of $757.9 billion in 2021, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 0.1% between 2016 and 2021.
- Market consumption volumes declined with a compound annual rate of change (CARC) of -1.3% between 2016 and 2021, to reach a total of 658.9 average MOU in 2021.
- The global mobile phones market is approaching saturation due to the growing penetration of mobiles and smartphones around the world.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the global mobile phones market
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global mobile phones market
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key mobile phones market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the global mobile phones market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons To Buy
- What was the size of the global mobile phones market by value in 2021?
- What will be the size of the global mobile phones market in 2026?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global mobile phones market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the global mobile phones market?