The Military Communications & COTS Market Report 2022-2032: This report will prove invaluable to leading firms striving for new revenue pockets if they wish to better understand the industry and its underlying dynamics. It will be useful for companies that would like to expand into different industries or to expand their existing operations in a new region.
Reduced Development Costs
In addition to time savings, the cost of each insertion cycle was significantly reduced. The initial MCU COTS upgrade cost $200 million, but the most recent insertion cost only $9 million. These savings are the result of reusable software and system components, for which the majority of the design, development, and testing had already been completed (and thus paid for outside of the Navy’s procurement process). This distinguishing feature of COTS products has made them an appealing alternative to traditional, custom-made technology. Furthermore, the use of COTS increases the possibility of supplier competition, as components with similar capabilities and interfaces are available from a larger number of vendors. Increased competition may lower the cost of the components required for upgrades.
The Impact Of Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) Software On Testing Programmes
Changes in COTS products that are unplanned and unanticipated can pose a funding challenge. Even minor COTS software patches/updates can result in significant testing and integration costs and programmes when integrated into a weapon system. The E-2 programme was eventually renamed “Technology Insertion.” Furthermore, there is little precedent to draw on when estimating the actual costs of a COTS refresh. The E-2 programme office used a combination of previous year estimates, the number of changes anticipated, and some maintenance cost estimates. However, estimating costs for COTS requirements remains difficult. It is easy to underestimate the impact of commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) software on testing programmes. When incorporating COTS components into a programme, some level of testing may be required to ensure that the items can perform in an operational military environment. Vendors frequently use inconsistent environmental standards, which often necessitates additional testing when replacing components. Furthermore, if the COTS item has been modified, testing may be required to ensure that the modification does not affect the system’s performance. When using commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) components, determining exactly what needs to be tested can be difficult.
What Are These Questions You Should Ask Before Buying A Market Research Report?
- How is the Military Communications & COTS market evolving?
- What is driving and restraining the Military Communications & COTS market?
- How will each Military Communications & COTS submarket segment grow over the forecast period and how much revenue will these submarkets account for in 2032?
- How will the market shares for each Military Communications & COTS submarket develop from 2022 to 2032?
- What will be the main driver for the overall market from 2022 to 2032?
- Will leading Military Communications & COTS markets broadly follow the macroeconomic dynamics, or will individual national markets outperform others?
- How will the market shares of the national markets change by 2032 and which geographical region will lead the market in 2032?
- Who are the leading players and what are their prospects over the forecast period?
- What are the Military Communications & COTS projects for these leading companies?
- How will the industry evolve during the period between 2020 and 2032? What are the implication of Military Communications & COTS projects taking place now and over the next 10 years?
- Is there a greater need for product commercialisation to further scale the Military Communications & COTS market?
- Where is the Military Communications & COTS market heading? And how can you ensure you are at the forefront of the market?
- What can be the best investment options for new product and service lines?
- What are the key prospects for moving companies into a new growth path? C-suite?
You need to discover how this will impact the Military Communications & COTS market today, and over the next 10 years:
- Our 552-page report provides 340 tables and 331 charts/graphs exclusively to you.
- The report highlights key lucrative areas in the industry so you can target them – NOW.
- Contains in-depth analyse of global, regional and national sales and growth
- Highlights for you the key successful trends, changes and revenue projections made by your competitors
This report tells you TODAY how the Military Communications & COTS market will develop in the next 10 years, and in-line with the variations in COVID-19 economic recession and bounce. This market is more critical now than at any point over the last 10 years.
Delivers exclusive COVID-19 variations economic data specific to your market.
Forecasts to 2032 and other analyses reveal the commercial prospects
- In addition to revenue forecasting to 2032, our new study provides you with recent results, growth rates, and market shares.
- You find original analyses, with business outlooks and developments.
- Discover qualitative analyses (including market dynamics, drivers, opportunities, restraints and challenges), cost structure, impact of rising Military Communications & COTS prices and recent developments.
This report includes data analysis and invaluable insight into how COVID-19 will affect the industry and your company. Four COVID-19 recovery patterns and their impact, namely, V, L, W and U are discussed in this report.
Global Military Communications & COTS Market (COVID Impact Analysis) by Type
- Air-Based Communication
- Ship-Based Communication
- Air-Ground Based Communication
- Underwater Based Communication
- Ground-Based Communication
Global Military Communications & COTS Market (COVID Impact Analysis) by Systems
- Military SATCOM Systems
- Military Radar Systems
- Military Radio Systems
- Military Intercom Network Systems
- Military Communication Management Systems
- Other System
Global Military Communications & COTS Market (COVID Impact Analysis) by Application
- Command and Control
- Situational Awareness
- Routine Operations
- Other Application