The Europe flue gas desulfurization market is set to record a CAGR of 3.57% during the forecast period, 2021-2028. The growing power demands, reliance on coal for energy generation, and rapid industrialization propel market growth.
The United Kingdom, Poland, Russia, Germany, France, Italy, and Rest of Europe are evaluated for the Europe flue gas desulfurization market growth analysis. In Germany, the operators are obligated to equip their power plants with flue gas desulfurization systems. Also, some German states needed the retrofit of SO2 scrubbers to handle a portion of flue gas from problematic boilers, giving rise to FGD in Europe. Almost 90% of the sulfur dioxide from exhaust gases can be processed and captured by the gypsum industry. As per the federal environment ministry, all power plants are equipped with such systems. This has further reduced the mining of natural gypsum deposits.
In Russia, the thermal power stations (TPS) emit a substantial amount of sulfur oxides with flue gases. Modern TPS in Russia is not equipped with sulfur-trapping units due to their considerable costs. The sulfur oxide effects on human health and the environment have negative consequences. Additionally, TPS are expensive to operate. Also, fines for emissions into the atmosphere in Russia are much lesser. Besides, the implementation of projects for installing desulfurization facilities at existing thermal power plants need power units’ reconstruction, and constructing new stations incur 10-20% project costs.
Whereas in countries like the Netherlands, an FGD wastewater treatment plant was constructed since a new coal power plant was built in Maasvlakte. Known as a Maasvlatke Power Plant 3 (MPP3), it is one of the world’s most modern and largest coal-fired power plants.
General Electric Company, John Wood Group Plc, Hamon Group, Fujian Longking Co Ltd, etc., are among the eminent companies in the market.
Our report offerings include:
- Explore key findings of the overall market
- Strategic breakdown of market dynamics (Drivers, Restraints, Opportunities, Challenges)
- Market forecasts for a minimum of 9 years, along with 3 years of historical data for all segments, sub-segments, and regions
- Market Segmentation cater to a thorough assessment of key segments with their market estimations
- Geographical Analysis: Assessments of the mentioned regions and country-level segments with their market share
- Key analytics: Porter’s Five Forces Analysis, Vendor Landscape, Opportunity Matrix, Key Buying Criteria, etc.
- Competitive landscape is the theoretical explanation of the key companies based on factors, market share, etc.
- Company profiling: A detailed company overview, product/services offered, SCOT analysis, and recent strategic developments