Not so long ago, the automotive industry was protecting an old technology yet nowadays it has embraced the need for hybrids and the use of advanced battery technology. Automotive Batteries are by and large divided into two: Starter Batteries and Advanced Automotive Batteries. Automotive lead-acid batteries are commonly referred to as SLI (Starting, Lighting, Ignition) batteries which are 12V and rechargeable. These batteries supply power to the starter and ignition system to start the engine and supply power to other components within the vehicle. An advanced Automotive Battery (NiNH or Lithium-Ion) is one which is fitted to newly-assembled Electric, PHEV and Hybrid passenger car.
Macro economic, political and environmental events such oil dependency, new competition and increasing carbon emissions have all contributed towards the new move to electrification of transportation. Yet some industry observers argue that the emerging Electric Vehicle (EV) and Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicle (PHEV) markets could flatten out due to unproven technology.
They reckon that these markets will be initially bolstered by heavy subsidies to automakers, battery makers and consumers but that sustained growth will depend on yet-to-be-proven battery technology as well as on supporting government policies. Meanwhile, the stubbornly high cost of battery packs remains a hurdle for battery producers.
The report “Automotive Battery Technologies - Global Sector Overview and Forecast (Q3 2021 Update)” provides a comprehensive overview of the global Electric Vehicles and OE Starter Battery sectors, major suppliers, top 14 car batteries markets, technology trends (including other battery innovations and solar solutions for Electric Vehicles) and market size forecasts.
*The top 14 markets accounting for over 98% of global light vehicle production include - North America (US, Canada and Mexico) ; Mercosur (Brazil and Argentina); Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, UK, Spain, Portugal, Netherlands, Belgium, Sweden, Austria, Finland and Morocco) ; Central Europe (Turkey, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Poland, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, Serbia and Slovenia); Russia; Japan; China; India; Korea; Thailand; Other Asia; Iran; South Africa; Australia.
Based on exclusive interviews, primary research and proprietary data this global market study includes -
- Automotive OE Battery (Advanced Batteries and Starter Batteries) market size estimates for the top 14* markets.
- A review of the latest technological developments and market trends (including Advanced Car Battery Costs, Alliances, Awards, Innovations, Investments, Charging Solutions, Energy Density, Range Development, Solar Tech, Thermal Management, Wireless Charging, Recycling).
- Regional market share data tables and commentary.
- Country share data tables and commentary for the top 14* markets.
- Exclusive interviews with OE suppliers including XL Hybrids, Ioxus, Maxwell Technologies, Zero Carbon Futures, Cap-XX, Continental, GS Yuasa, Western Lithium, Axeon.
- Sector PESTER (Political, Economic, Social, Technological, Environmental and Regulatory) analysis.
- Updated profiles of the major automotive battery suppliers including their strategies and prospects.
Reasons To Buy
- Gain a quick overview of the Automotive Battery sectors globally.
- Understand the size and scope of the world’s top 14 markets.
- Hear direct from leading companies on their strategies and plans.
- Review the latest and most significant technological developments.
- Know the key trends within the sector and what’s driving them.
- Spot opportunities and threats in this sector.
- Establish key companies’ latest activities and prospects.
- Prepare supply and demand forecasts.
- Produce internal sales plans and forecasts.
- Carry out competitive intelligence.