The electricity grid is now getting smarter and transforming how power utilities interact with their customers. Smart grid technology which uses IT and communication modules, including control systems and automation which enable new technologies to function together, provides supports to an electricity grid. The electricity grid can then respond digitally to rapidly changing electricity demand patterns. Central to smart grid system is the capability for various technologies to be deployed in one part of the power system and communicate with elements in various sectors and geographies, and also can be put to use by various stakeholders all throughout the electricity value chain.
- This report focuses on smart grid in power.
- It identifies leaders and laggards in areas such as Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI), Distributed Power Generation (DPG)/Microgrid, Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging Infrastructure, Smart Homes and Smart Cities.
- It discusses the latest trends and developments in the field of smart grid.
- It further gives a brief analysis of the smart grid industry, impact of COVID-19 on smart grid and global investment in electricity networks by equipment type.
- Includes major mergers and acquisitions and a timeline highlighting key milestones in the journey of smart grid.
- The report also provides an overview of the competitive positions held by power companies in the smart grid theme.
Reasons To Buy
The report provides -
- A comprehensive analysis of the present scenario and emerging market trends in the global smart grid industry.
- Insights of the leading players in the smart grid theme and where do they fit in the value chain.
- Extensive analysis of the smart grid industry, impact of COVID-19 on smart grid, key mergers and acquisitions and significant milestones in the journey of smart grid.
- Profiles of major market players within the smart grid industry, which aid in interpreting the competitive outlook of this theme.