"United Kingdom (UK) Amazon 2020 Prime Day" report forms part of GlobalData’s Retail Occasions series, and offers a comprehensive insight into the consumer dynamics and spending habits of British consumers on Amazon Prime Day. The report analyses the main trends and consumer attitudes.
- 51.4% of people with access to an Amazon Prime account bought at least one item on Amazon Prime Day 2020.
- 44.7% of Amazon Prime Day shoppers purchased electricals and technology, making it the most popular product category purchased.
- 61.9% of consumers agree that Amazon Prime Day is an important shopping event for them, an increase of 4.2ppts on 2019, proving that the event is growing in importance for consumers.
Reasons To Buy
- Use our in-depth consumer insight to learn about in which areas consumers utilised Prime Day offers the most.
- Use our in-depth consumer insight to learn about the reasons why consumers did or did not make a Prime Day purchase.
- Use our in-depth analysis to understand which factors drove consumers to use Amazon for their purchases, such as convenience, value for money and delivery options, in order to maximise sales potential.
- Use our in-depth analysis to understand which alternative retailers consumers made purchases with on Prime Day.
- Use our in-depth analysis to understand impulse and planned purchase behaviours across categories on Prime Day.
- Use our in-depth analysis to understand the impact of COVID-19 on Prime Day spend and buying dynamics across product categories.