Established in 2015, Daiz manufactures and sells plant-based meat product made from germinated soybeans under the brand name Miracle Meat.
Established in in Kumamoto Prefecture of Japan in 2015, Daiz manufactures and sells the Miracle Meat brand of plant-based meat made using soya beans. Instead of selling products through supermarkets, the start-up operates on a business-to-business model, offering Miracle Meat to third-party food corporations such as Nichirei Foods as a base ingredient for making various products that are typically made using animal meat such as burgers, chicken nuggets, dumplings, and spring rolls. Daiz largely attributes the success of Miracle Meat to its use of the appropriate soybean and patented process, the Ochiai Germination Method (OGM). The manufacturing process begins with use of germinated soybean with high oleic content as a base ingredient so as to reduce the off-flavor and -odor that plague most soya-based meat substitutes
- Demand for eco-friendly sources of protein is gaining traction.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has propelled the popularity of locally produced products.
- Daiz harnessed advanced technologies to enhance sensory aspects of plant-based meat products.
- The company struck a balance between umami and kokumi flavors without using any additives
Reasons To Buy
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.