Non-Life Insurance Global Industry Guide 2016-2025
Global Non-Life Insurance industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value 2016-20, and forecast to 2025). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
- The non-life insurance market consists of the general insurance market segmented into motor, property, liability and other insurance. The other segment is made up of non-life insurance products including health, travel, and accident cover among others. The value of the non-life insurance market is shown in terms of gross premium incomes. Gross premium income is defined as the insurer’s premium income for the year from its policies, calculated without reduction for reinsurance premiums paid or payable by the insurer. Any currency conversions used in the report have been calculated using constant 2019 annual average exchange rates.
- The total impact of the COVID19 pandemic on the Non-Life Insurance industry is currently uncertain, but early indications show that gross premium income will be adversely affected in 2020. There is no way of knowing the length of the pandemic, though announcements of vaccines bring hope that there is an end in sight, and as a result, industries will be expected to return to at least previous levels from 2021 onward.
- The global non-life insurance market is expected to generate total gross written premiums of $3,093.9bn in 2020, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 2.1% between 2016 and 2020.
- The motor segment is expected to be the market’s most lucrative in 2020, with total gross written premiums of $876.9bn, equivalent to 28.3% of the market’s overall value.
- High levels of household disposable income, alongside lower consumer confidence in 2020, will boost sales for non-life insurance products; however, low interest rates will keep profits low.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the global non-life insurance market
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global non-life insurance market
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key non-life insurance market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the global non-life insurance market with five year forecasts
Reasons To Buy
- What was the size of the global non-life insurance market by value in 2020?
- What will be the size of the global non-life insurance market in 2025?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global non-life insurance market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- Who are the top competitors in the global non-life insurance market?