Internet Access Global Industry Guide 2016-2025
Global Internet Access industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2016-20, and forecast to 2025). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
- The internet access sector consists of the total Internet Service Revenue charged for the provision of narrowband and broadband Internet connections through both consumer and corporate channels. All revenues calculated are retail revenues exclusive of taxes.
- Digital subscriber lines (xDSL) refer collectively to all types of digital subscriber lines, including ADSL and SDSL, HDSL and so on. Cable refers to systems using coaxial cable and successive technologies (e.g., HFC) in transporting television broadcast, Internet and voice in the access network. Coaxial cable can achieve bandwidth speeds faster than 750 Mbps, but analog TV pictures require some 8 Mbps of bandwidth, and transmission of Internet and voice signals takes place at much lower rates. Fixed Wireless Access category refers to local access via fixed wireless links. Fiber Optic (FTTH/B) segment coversfiber to the home as well as fiber to the building connections.
- Market volumes represent total number of Internet users.
- Any currency conversions have been calculated using constant annual average 2019 exchange rates.
- COVID-19: The assumption has been made that after the pandemic is over the global economy will gradually go back to the levels recorded before. It is also assumed that there is no widespread economic crisis as seen in 2008 due to announced financial support packages from governments around world. In November 2020, at the time of the preparation of this report, the economic implications of national and local lockdowns of many economies are difficult to predict as there is no indication how long the pandemic will last, nor how many industries will be forced to stay closed and the scale of the governmental aid involved.
- The global internet access market is expected to generate total revenues of $278.0bn in 2020, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.8% between 2016 and 2020.
- Market consumption volume is forecast to increase with a CAGR of 4.8% between 2016 and 2020, to reach a total of 3,482.7 million subscriptions in 2020.
- COVID-19 has led to greater reliance on internet use due to lockdowns and workplace closures, which have forced many people to work from home.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the global internet access market
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global internet access market
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key internet access market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the global internet access market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons To Buy
- What was the size of the global internet access market by value in 2020?
- What will be the size of the global internet access market in 2025?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global internet access market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the global internet access market?