Agricultural Products Global Industry Guide 2015-2024
Global Agricultural Products industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2015-19, and forecast to 2024). The profile also contains descriptions of the leading players including key financial metrics and analysis of competitive pressures within the market.
- The agricultural products industry consists of the production of Cereals (such as wheat, rice, barley etc.), Nuts (almonds, hazelnuts, pistachios etc.), Oilcrops (cottonseed, groundnuts, olives etc.), Spices & Stimulants (coffee, hops, dry chilies etc.), Sugar (sugar cane, sugar beet etc.), Pulses (beans, peas, lentils etc.), Roots & Tubers (Potatoes, sweet potatoes, cassava etc.), Vegetables (cabbages, tomatoes, onions etc.), and Fruit (bananas, citrus fruits, berries etc.)
- All volumes are provided in tonnes and all values are calculated at producer prices.
- All currency conversions use constant average 2019 exchange rates.
- Figures presented in this report are calculated applying the "middle path" scenario - this is based on the current situation in countries where the epidemic burst first, like China as a model countries and the announcements made by governments, stating that the abnormal situation may last up to six months.
- The assumption has been made that after this time the economy will gradually go back to the levels recorded before the pandemics by the end of the year. It is also assumed that there is no widespread economic crisis as seen back in 2008 due to announced pay-outs across countries.
- At the moment of preparation of this report in September 2020 the economic implications of the lock downs of many economics are still very difficult to predict as there is no indication how long the pandemics could last, the number of sectors forced to stay closed and the scale of the government aid involved. At the same time the weight of the pandemic seriousness is applied on the individual countries in this report based on death to population ratio recorded in countries.
- Majority of the industries will see the decline in volume of the goods and services offered by companies. Usually the lower demand would cause the decrease the prices level. However, amid many governments’ ordered for many industries to lock down and so the supply chain is distorted that in great pictures mitigate the results of lower demand.
- Applied scenarios differ depending on the individual sector, however generally sectors which involves intensive manual labor and face to face interaction seem to be hit the most by present situation. On the other hand the internet based businesses as well as the producers of the vital, subsisted products and services seems to take advantages of the current events.
- The global agricultural products industry had total revenues of $2,348.9bn in 2019, representing a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 5.1% between 2015 and 2019.
- Industry consumption volume increased with a CAGR of 1.4% between 2015 and 2019, to reach a total of 6,913.3 million tonnes in 2019.
- The Asia-Pacific region accounts for 57.8% of the global industry with Europe and the US accounting for 19.9% and 8.3% respectively.
- Save time carrying out entry-level research by identifying the size, growth, major segments, and leading players in the global agricultural products market
- Use the Five Forces analysis to determine the competitive intensity and therefore attractiveness of the global agricultural products market
- Leading company profiles reveal details of key agricultural products market players’ global operations and financial performance
- Add weight to presentations and pitches by understanding the future growth prospects of the global agricultural products market with five year forecasts by both value and volume
Reasons To Buy
- What was the size of the global agricultural products market by value in 2019?
- What will be the size of the global agricultural products market in 2024?
- What factors are affecting the strength of competition in the global agricultural products market?
- How has the market performed over the last five years?
- What are the main segments that make up the global agricultural products market?